The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
Nachos82

Cab & Bed mount bracket

My dad is trying to find a driver side cab & bed frame mount that is rusted out on his '94 k1500. I haven't seen much searching around, which makes me wonder if this is something that they sell, or if the options would be southern junkyards to torch a section of frame that has it out.

It looks like it is welded to the outside of the frame and has place for the cab mount and bed mount.

Looking to see if anyone knows of these out there being sold, or maybe someone has a junked frame they could torch a section out of that isn't rotten. He is in PA.

The arrow in the picture is pointing at the mount I am talking about. Appears to be part of the frame and most likely wasn't ever sold separately.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nachos82; 09-11-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added a picture & more words.
Nachos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
95 S_Trucker

Re: Cab & Bed mount bracket

What part of the mount is rusted? Is it the whole thing? Or did the circle where the body mount go rust out?

I’ve done cab bushings on several trucks, and the steel rusts out just where the bushing sits. I had a local fab shop make some giant washers that I welded onto the mounts to make them like new again.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #3
Nachos82

That isn't a bad idea for fixing mounts that have some life left in them.

From what he sent me in a sort of crappy picture, it looks like about all the front part is rotted out and there isn't much left to piece together.

I actually bought a pair for sale on ebay last night after hunting all day. These were ones someone torched off a truck out in California. They look real nice, so they should do the job.

Besides the used ones I found, there is nothing out there being sold for the 88-98 trucks. I did stumble on a site that makes them for 99+ trucks, which was cool to see, but didn't help me out.
Nachos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #4
95 S_Trucker

The 99+ trucks have more rust issues than these older ones. Sounds like your getting it straightened out.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote