The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #1
weasle

LS Swap Fuse Block

I need some help figuring out why I'm getting power on my 12v+ battery circuit when the key is switched on. So in this picture, the circuit labeled "Main Relay" gets power when i turn the switch. I followed the same setup that he has on lt1swap.com. I checked my grounds and they appear to be good. Everything else works fine. The fuel pump relay turns on for 2 seconds then turns off.

NOTE: I don't currently have the 12v+ Battery hooked up to the battery because then I would have keyed power and 12v Battery power at the Main Relay.

weasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
ls1nova71

Re: LS Swap Fuse Block

Not quite sure I follow you, but it sounds like you have the key on and battery power wires switched or the relay isn't wired right.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #3
prodjay10

When you first connect power, the fuel pump primes then turns off. Isn’t that normal operation?

After starting, the fuel pump stays on. But not till it’s is running.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by prodjay10; 09-10-2019 at 11:40 PM.
prodjay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #4
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasle View Post
NOTE: I don't currently have the 12v+ Battery hooked up to the battery because then I would have keyed power and 12v Battery power at the Main Relay.
Well there's your problem. That's exactly what you need. The main relay gets constant power from the battery at all times, even when you are asleep in bed at home, ha ha. It does nothing until you turn the key which than uses the pink key on skinny wire to unleash all that power to all the pink and orange wires including your fuel pump relay.

Here is how I did mine, it's a hybrid design that takes Brandon's (LT1Swap.com) and combines it with how the factory did it. I did it this way cause I don't like how LT1Swap combines too many components on one fuse.
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
weasle

The reason why I unhooked the 12V+ Battery is because after the pink wire is energized power stays on, even if the switch is turned off. I figured something was feeding it power. SO if this is working correctly, what I really need to figure out is why the switched power does not go back off when the switch is off. I have checked my grounds and they all seem to be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Well there's your problem. That's exactly what you need. The main relay gets constant power from the battery at all times, even when you are asleep in bed at home, ha ha. It does nothing until you turn the key which than uses the pink key on skinny wire to unleash all that power to all the pink and orange wires including your fuel pump relay.

Here is how I did mine, it's a hybrid design that takes Brandon's (LT1Swap.com) and combines it with how the factory did it. I did it this way cause I don't like how LT1Swap combines too many components on one fuse.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #6
weasle

Correct, that is normal operation. I was just trying to state that that was working correctly so I figured I had everything wired up correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodjay10 View Post
When you first connect power, the fuel pump primes then turns off. Isn’t that normal operation?

After starting, the fuel pump stays on. But not till it’s is running.
Posted via Mobile Device