The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
ho70

Gotta vent

I love GM
I just bought a new 2018 centennial edition Silverado-love it. Took along time to pull the trigger. IT has wireless charging for smart phones and all the connectivity stuff, sooooooo I just bought a smartphone because I am jealous of my kids being able to start their chevies with their smart phone from more than 50 feet away and it is very cold here up north so how nice to start my truck in minus 45 C without having to get dressed and get close enough to do so with command start. Just found out Onstart now charges $15 a month for it. soo my kids get it for free and I have to pay-brutal. I will just pay for 3 months a year but ………….GM is always giving us less. New powertrain warranty is less miles (km here) Onstar and xm radio used to be 6 month trial now 1-3 months. sigh, maybe get a ford
ho70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
nds1968

Re: Gotta vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho70 View Post
I love GM
I just bought a new 2018 centennial edition Silverado-love it. Took along time to pull the trigger. IT has wireless charging for smart phones and all the connectivity stuff, sooooooo I just bought a smartphone because I am jealous of my kids being able to start their chevies with their smart phone from more than 50 feet away and it is very cold here up north so how nice to start my truck in minus 45 C without having to get dressed and get close enough to do so with command start. Just found out Onstart now charges $15 a month for it. soo my kids get it for free and I have to pay-brutal. I will just pay for 3 months a year but ………….GM is always giving us less. New powertrain warranty is less miles (km here) Onstar and xm radio used to be 6 month trial now 1-3 months. sigh, maybe get a ford
Yeah I only used my cell to start my truck a few times, I just use the key FOB. I don't use or pay for the GPS or the satellite radio. The map shows you where you are but you can't enter information into the system unless you pay. My warranty ran out at 36,000 miles.

My driver seat has been worked on twice under warranty, lost my brakes also. They got rock hard and you could hardly get it to stop. $2,000 fix under warranty. Rear-end axle seals were replaced at 38,000 miles, had to fight tooth and nail to get them to pay for it. They said it wasn't covered under the power train warranty... Idiots, its a nice truck and I like it a lot but I'm so done with new GM vehicles.

1967 short fleet Project Blue Goose
'If it don't bounce back... heeheehee you go hungry!" Blues Brothers
nds1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
mikebte

Wink Re: Gotta vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho70 View Post
I love GM
It is a shame and understood. You bit the bullet and give into modern ways and the whole time your wishing you would have kept the old. Kind of a bummer. This is why I have not purchased any more new cars. Last was 2013 and everything else has been unappealing. They used to sell cars with cool features like spare tires, passengers side mirror and other usable features. Now they just add computer stuff and satellite and think it justifies the price. The auto industry is not what it once was and I don't care for the direction it is going.
Good luck with your new Ford.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote