The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #1
weq92f

The Bank ( On my side for once )

You know recently I've been having some really poor experiences at the bank teller inside my bank. They've consistently given me issues accessing my own money from my signature being messed up in their system requiring a big powwow of managers once to figure it all out all the way to refusing me access to my accounts recently based on expired DL ( think COVID and closures of the DMV offices ) even though the state of TX declared all expired DL's still valid until April of 2021.

Well all that is forgiven this morning after my experience writing a claim against a vendor out there that refused to refund $90.11 of my money after having taken it blatantly in error.

So...I had a tele-doc appointment on Dec 23rd. That day about 30 mins before the appt I get a text from the Doctor telling me her computer was down and she would be unable to send me a link or do the appointment as a result. Would have to reschedule. No problem.

5 days later, I see $90.11 rush out of my bank account and go to that firm. It's a NO SHOW fee for the appointment that was cancelled.

I immediately informed them of their mistake and was told it would be taken care of. A few days later I called again and was told they turned it into a credit from which they would pull all future co-pays from. I said no, that needs to be refunded, they say OK, but NADA until today when I decide to just have my bank deal with them.

I did the claim online easily enough and uploaded the text conversation from above as my proof. Then decided I needed to add context so I called customer service for that as the Online interface wouldn't allow that...

I spoke with a friendly American woman ( forgot her name ) right here in America who thanked me for being a 27 year customer and helped me add into the claim verbiage exactly what I wanted to describe how this company was stealing my money!

Excellent Customer Service today for me from Bank of America!

EDIT: For future reference...I could have just written my own .TXT or .DOC file with my own narrative of events leading to the theft of the money and uploaded it along with the other "supporting documents" in the case. Live and learn!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:50 PM   #2
kwmech

Re: The Bank ( On my side for once )

I dropped BofA over 40 years ago when somebody transposed some numbers and cleaned out my account and then charged me overdraft fees. Then blamed me for the incident
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #3
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Nobody likes to jump through hoops to get good results -- glad it all worked out in the end, though!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:00 PM   #4
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I've never had a problem with Bank of America. I've had my ATM card hacked 3 times in the last year and they put the money right back. No hassle.

They always answer the phone somewhat quickly. The last time I spoke with a woman with a southern accent.(I just love women with southern accents) And she told me to never use my ATM at the gas pump which I was doing. Now I go inside and pay.

The biggest hassle I had is that a lot of my bills are set up for autopay and I had to change all of them to my new card 3 times. And being an idiot I always forget one. But that's on me, not the bank.

But learn this from me. NEVER USE YOUR ATM/DEBIT CARD AT THE GAS PUMP!

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote