The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
muddstir

Needed measurements for 56 in leaf mounts.

I'm in need of some measurements for the rear leaf mounts on a 73-80 (or 81-87 if frames are the same) longbed with 56in leafs.

Story- My 1980 3/4 4x4 longbed frame rusted out and then the one leaf mount broke away. So I replaced the frame with another one ( I think it's a 1975) switched all mounts over to new frame and scraped the old broke one. Once I bolted the leaf springs in I realized that the rear shackle was all the way back with the spring resting in the mount. Found out that the set up was for 52's not my 56's. I'd really like to keep my springs that I have so I'm willing to drill new holes but I need to know where to drill to keep axle centered. If any body could get these measurements it would help out greatly.

The pic shows one side but if I could get both sides due to the placement of the shocks that would be the best.

WHITE- From the end of the frame rail to the center of the 1st or 2nd top rivet/ hole on rear leaf mount.
HOT PINK- From the center of the shock hole to nearest top rivet/ hole on the rear leaf mount
RED- From the center of the shock hole to the nearest rivet/ hole on the front leaf mount
GREEN- From the center of the inner top rivet/ hole on the rear leaf mount to the center of the nearest top rivet/ hole on the front leaf mount

If anybody knows of a different way of doing it plz let me know.
Name:  Copy of DSCF0259.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  65.7 KB
1997 chevy cavalier =daily driver
1998 chevy cavalier -full coverage plan
2007 kawasaki vulcan 900 - garage ornament
muddstir is offline   Reply With Quote