The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #26
Mr_Rich

Re: Oil pressure driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68c10airstream View Post
In my post above (# 20) i was remembering customers coming in with a dash oil pressure gauge reading incorrectly and changing the silver tall can near the distributor. I,ve swapped a few of these tbi motors and agree about some switch?? down by the oil filter boss. When i looked in alldata circuit #31 looked to be shown for 2 different circuits, so i assumed the base cheap truck would use a switch for a bulb on the dash, and a upscale deluxe truck with full gauge package (oil pressure gauge) would use a sender, not realizing that these trucks used both if i understand correctly. I'm not here to upset anyone just trying to help, and through the years using alldata has been hit and miss, especially with wiring.
I think you're rattling some of my geezer brain cells loose as well. That "silver tall can" your referring to can be found on LS engines and referred to as OPI's and they break easily. Certainly hope no upsets in this discussion.
Although I don't recall seeing any since all the trucks I'm familiar with have gauges I can assume that some had idiot lights and would have a plug under the left exhaust manifold instead of a sender. I had to re-think that idea after one of my previous posts.
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote