The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #1
Senorx

Hard Top Weatherstripping

Anybody have pictures of the double wall weatherstripping installed on the top? My hard top is next on the list for a makeover. I figured I'd replace the top to bed weatherstripping and the windshield frame to top weatherstripping too while the top is off. Looking at going with GMCPaul for the weatherstripping, unless there is better weatherstripping out there.
Senorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 06:13 AM   #2
tristan

Re: Hard Top Weatherstripping

I'm re-doing all of the weatherstripping on mine also including all three windows. I got NOS windshield frame top seal, rear of window seals and side window seals along the line from various sources. I bought the top of bed and rear window seals from Classic Heartbeat. Originally I wasn't going to do the windows because the exterior of the seals looked OK, but the inside edges were completely petrified from those mild summers they have down your way. I had the idea somehow that the top of bed seals would cover the entire width of the truck bed but I see that it ain't so; mine look like they slide into a slot that runs along the length of the top's sides and do not cover the entire width of the tub top sides. I don't have pics but can try to get some if it would help you.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
Senorx

Re: Hard Top Weatherstripping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
I'm re-doing all of the weatherstripping on mine also including all three windows. I got NOS windshield frame top seal, rear of window seals and side window seals along the line from various sources. I bought the top of bed and rear window seals from Classic Heartbeat. Originally I wasn't going to do the windows because the exterior of the seals looked OK, but the inside edges were completely petrified from those mild summers they have down your way. I had the idea somehow that the top of bed seals would cover the entire width of the truck bed but I see that it ain't so; mine look like they slide into a slot that runs along the length of the top's sides and do not cover the entire width of the tub top sides. I don't have pics but can try to get some if it would help you.
If the top is off and you can get the pics easily, I would appreciate it. Don't take the top off on my account. Thanks.
Senorx is offline   Reply With Quote