The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

1972 Chevy 4wd Longhorn Project: Never Ending Changes

I finally got the truck in the shop yesterday. This morning before work I got all the old front suspension off the Longhorn. Tomorrow I will start removing the hangers from my parts donor and maybe begin the swap over tomorrow pending weather. LOL This truck will end up getting a few upgrades. It is going to get the 432 BBC sitting next to it. It is getting a 4x4 SM465 and a NP208 tcase. I am putting a Dana 44HD in the front and a Dana 70 with a posi in the rear. It is going to get 2 1/2" aluminized exhaust with flowmaster mufflers. It will have a 6" lift and 36" tires. I am going to have to replace the wood in the bed and for now that might end up being marine grade plywood. Later on I will have to put the correct floor in it but I will worry about that when I get around to doing the body work. For now I want to put my snow blade on it and use the truck for a while. It has been a while since I have driven one of these and I can't wait!

Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote