The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
camaro69cool

07 silverado brake controller help

does any one know where the aux stud is on the fuse box, under the hood. and what is the fifth wire under the dash (chmsi) for ! any pics would help thanks for looking
camaro69cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Re: 07 silverado brake controller help

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69cool View Post
does any one know where the aux stud is on the fuse box, under the hood. and what is the fifth wire under the dash (chmsi) for ! any pics would help thanks for looking
classic or nnbs?

I will find you the info tommorow. nnbs 07+ dont have a fuse. There is a wire you connect with a nut in the fuse block.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
craiger

there are two wires to hook up when installing a brake controler both are under the hood. remove the fuse box cover and there are two studs at the front fuse box. there are two wires with eyelits criped on the them they are tapped to other wireing harness on each side of the fuse box. one wire is for the brake controler and the other is to charge the battery of your trailer it goes right back to the trailer plug. for that one you will have to intall a 40A fuse in the correct location in the fuse box. connect both wires to the correct stud and you will have no problem.

happy towing.

as always if you have any concerns stop and ask you local dealer. they should be happy to help.
craiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #4
Bus Ted Knuckle
Son of a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger View Post
there are two wires to hook up when installing a brake controler both are under the hood. remove the fuse box cover and there are two studs at the front fuse box. there are two wires with eyelits criped on the them they are tapped to other wireing harness on each side of the fuse box. one wire is for the brake controler and the other is to charge the battery of your trailer it goes right back to the trailer plug. for that one you will have to intall a 40A fuse in the correct location in the fuse box. connect both wires to the correct stud and you will have no problem.

happy towing.

as always if you have any concerns stop and ask you local dealer. they should be happy to help.
I hate to highjack, but, I am doing the same thing right now. What size are the nuts that are needed to install those wires on the posts. I know that they are metric.

BEATERS ARE NEATER
Bus Ted Knuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
craiger

sorry i have no idea i just take them from the bolt bin at work and match them up. sorry.
craiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: 07 silverado brake controller help

Nice how to video!
http://www.etrailer.com/tv-Brake_Con...MC_Sierra.aspx

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote