The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
smith

Insurance coverage

Need some recommendations for insurance. I've realized that my regular auto policy for my 71 Jimmy is inadequate but haven't done anything about it for a while now and just talked with American Collectors Insurance who I was referred to by USAA. Their policy cost was reasonable for an estimated vehicle value of $12,000 but when we got into details is where I have problems with it. This isn't a 4 wheeling truck but it isn't a show truck either- just a good, solid driver.

I keep it in a locked garage and use it for cruising when the weather is good but I also take it for weekend trips here and there a few times a year when we stay at a hotel. They said their coverage would not allow for the overnight stays which is a big problem for me. I asked what people do when they take their cars to shows in other states, etc. and they said that was different if it was going to a show.

So there's got to be another insurance company out there that allows for something like this, right? Would love to hear some experiences.

I apologize if this has been discussed before on the forum but I usually hang out on the Blazer/Jimmy page and figured I'd get more responses on this forum. Thanks

smith is offline   Reply With Quote