The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2019, 11:40 PM   #17
dfairchild19

Re: Berthas Build

Clutch push rod at rest

Clutch push rod at full engagement. Im dont care for the angle of the rod fully pressed but it works fine for now and Im not sure how I would modify it at the moment.

I could not for the life of me find a steel driven gear for my 29 spline Dodge output shaft/housing so I ended up swapping the housing and plastic drive gear with parts from a Chevy housing which parts were much easier to find for.

This is the driven gear that I could not locate

I made a set of traction bars from some solid aluminum and some heims from Ballistic Fab and cut some brackets out on the waterjet for them. I thought these turned out pretty damn cool.

Once I had most everything hooked up to the cab and it semi-bolted to the frame, I threw a block of wood on the floor and drove(putted) it around the property. At this point it was bare bones obviously. No seats, still starting with a jump wire key across the ignition switch plug, a piece of pallet wood propping the radiator away from the fan, no bolts in the bed, the fuel tank propped up on a block of wood to get the little bit of fuel to the draw tube, the fuel pump hooked up to the battery manually, etc. It still felt good at this point to get her out and at least stretch her legs a little bit. There is ton of work yet left to do at this point.

I think that is enough of a dump for tonight. Ill try to do another one soon.

Last edited by dfairchild19; 02-15-2019 at 10:05 PM.
dfairchild19 is offline   Reply With Quote