The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2017, 04:17 PM   #11
cbeerman

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Actually the guy gave 20 bucks back so they cost me 280. The buddies are very nice, complete, rust free, and even the foam is in good shape.
He was a real cool guy with many nice completed rides and plenty of projects. When I initially called him he wasn't sure if the seats were factory. He said he had trucks with buckets and consoles before and thought they must be rare because he had only seen these seats once on a TV show. I let him know they are called buddy buckets which looked to be from a 68 and they were optional in 67-68 for the higher trim level trucks.

Honestly, I figured after our initial conversation on Wednesday the deal would have fallen through since I wasn't able to pick them up until Saturday. I thought he would have googled buddy buckets and then either not answered my calls or would have made up a story about selling them (money talks).

When I picked them up it seemed that he wasn't interested in them as he has plenty of projects such as the beautiful square body 4 door 4x4 he was finishing. We traded car stories, I got the grand tour, and he told me about the loss of his best friend. If I lived closer I'm sure we would hang out. I let him know that I would be using them in my 68 SWB 4x4 305 V6 4spd, he commented that he always wanted a GMC v6 because of the way they rumbled at idle from their odd firing order. He said he had a 72 c10 as a DD for 15+ years and the stories went on for a good 45 minutes.

Anyway the Frankenstein 2wd GMC the buddies were in was stripped and the cab was either a 71 or 72 because of the door jamb vents.

Last edited by cbeerman; 04-30-2017 at 05:39 PM.