The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #26
edflores

Re: Dropmember+5.3 LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazardbill View Post
Looking over this thread as I was wondering about doing the same things... Any resolve?

Did you have to change AC bracket? Did the GM pan fit?

I know the fbody pan is the best fit, however i have a hard time spending as much on the pan, pickup etc as I will on the motor lol.

5.3 the GM oil Pan and the relocation bracket for the AC should be all that is needed to make it work (other than computer/wiring harness) for a dropmembered truck correct?

I thought about just finding an fbody 5.7 however most of them do not come with the brackets/accessories.
Gm pan didn't work for me. Its the first thing to hit the ground.
I had to remove ac n
I still don't have it running so that's all the info I have for now
edflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
68c10airstream

Re: Dropmember+5.3 LS

Hi edflores, go efi and don't look back. I looked at it this way, Gen1= carb, Gen3= efi. If you want it to run great at 40 degrees, sea level as well at 100 degrees at 5,000 feet do efi. As fuels change efi is a natural progression. Most likely everyone here drives a late model something and they run great. Why are we changing these old trucks around? Because we want the old truck to handle, ride, stop, fuel economy, drivability ,etc, like a late model. Expensive? somewhat but well worth it. I was a dealer mechanic, master ase certified, etc, and sold off my carb tools, timing light, and soforth. My specialty was drivability, and electrical work so efi is up my alley. Oh, by chance is your truck on the ECE website as a customer truck? If so i almost bought a 71/72 because of that pic, but decided on a 68. Pm me if you wish for more info as i will get around to pics eventually. Brian F.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote