The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
GMCNUT

This website

Does anyone ever get tired of this site turning your photos 90 degrees unlike every other site on the net where the same iphone shots upload fine exactly as they were? Ever get tired of trying to post the tiny 5 allowed pictures to sell anything and getting a time out because this antique site can't handle the files sizes? So tired of all the pain you have to endure to post anything but text here
1961 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 283 V8 & Powerglide w/ uber-rare Cool-Pack A/C, factory PB, deluxe heat, Clock
1961 GMC K1000 4x4 SWB w/ BBW, Custom Cab and numbers matching 305D V6 engine & 4 spd
1960 GMC SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 305A V6 & Hydramatic, factory PB, Clock, Tach, Compass, Hood Jet
1959 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab w/ rare stainless bed trim, #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, Deluxe Heat, radio, spotlight
1958 Chevy Cameo #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, radio, window washers, Factory PB
1958 GMC BBW SWB Fleetside Custom Cab, #'s matching 336 V8 Hydramatic, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Deluxe Heat & Hood Jet
1957 GMC Suburban Pickup (GMC's Cameo) #'s matching 347 V8 Hydramatic, uber-rare vacuum ashtray, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Hood Jet
1956 Chevy 3800 1 ton w/ rare 9 ft stepside bed, factory 265 V8 w/ Hydramatic, factory PB, Custom Cab, deluxe heat, spotlight and hood jet.
GMCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

Re: This website

Maybe try making your signature longer.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
factorystock

That signature is very impressive, they all are highly optioned units, very good taste GMCNUT! Those RSD's on the Jimmy's are neat items!
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #4
nsb29

If I take pictures with my phone horizontally no problem if the phone is vertical they are sideways go figure
Old 08-13-2020, 08:33 PM   #5
cwcarpenter98

I just upload each picture individually and it works pretty quick. I also just take photos horizontally with the top of the phone to the left and my pictures always turn up right on the site and on my laptop

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:43 PM   #6
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Sometimes my phone does that too. I think there is a setting you can change on the phone to stop that. I have another site I'm on that does it on every pic so it isn't the site IMO.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:44 AM   #7
slepysal

short answer.... not really

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
GMCNUT

sorry for the rant post anyway. I upload 20+ images free on Craigslist and Facebook with no issues and the phone turned upright, but here I pay annually a decent sum and can't even upload 5. Something doesn't compute about that
1961 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 283 V8 & Powerglide w/ uber-rare Cool-Pack A/C, factory PB, deluxe heat, Clock
1961 GMC K1000 4x4 SWB w/ BBW, Custom Cab and numbers matching 305D V6 engine & 4 spd
1960 GMC SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab #'s matching 305A V6 & Hydramatic, factory PB, Clock, Tach, Compass, Hood Jet
1959 Chevy SWB Fleetside BBW Custom Cab w/ rare stainless bed trim, #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, Deluxe Heat, radio, spotlight
1958 Chevy Cameo #'s matching 283 V8 & Hydramatic, radio, window washers, Factory PB
1958 GMC BBW SWB Fleetside Custom Cab, #'s matching 336 V8 Hydramatic, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Deluxe Heat & Hood Jet
1957 GMC Suburban Pickup (GMC's Cameo) #'s matching 347 V8 Hydramatic, uber-rare vacuum ashtray, Factory PS, PB, Clock, RSD, Hood Jet
1956 Chevy 3800 1 ton w/ rare 9 ft stepside bed, factory 265 V8 w/ Hydramatic, factory PB, Custom Cab, deluxe heat, spotlight and hood jet.
GMCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:38 AM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
sorry for the rant post anyway. I upload 20+ images free on Craigslist and Facebook with no issues and the phone turned upright, but here I pay annually a decent sum and can't even upload 5. Something doesn't compute about that
I should be more professional, but I am multi tasking today. I don't know if I want to laugh, or just let you rant on.

So you think that this site should have the same resources as facebook and craigslist? That in itself speaks volumes. By all means, please log out and go spend your money on ebay if its such an issue. I am sure the prices would be about the same for you... 130 here , 10% final valuation on ebay. We seriously overcharge for it all..

Posts like this make me wish Josh did sell out to the big guys years ago. You probably could have uploaded 7 pics the right direction if he did. And I could be sitting in my backyard oasis not giving a crap either way
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:28 PM   #10
nsb29

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
i should be more professional, but i am multi tasking today. I don't know if i want to laugh, or just let you rant on.

So you think that this site should have the same resources as facebook and craigslist? That in itself speaks volumes. By all means, please log out and go spend your money on ebay if its such an issue. I am sure the prices would be about the same for you... 130 here , 10% final valuation on ebay. We seriously overcharge for it all..

Posts like this make me wish josh did sell out to the big guys years ago. You probably could have uploaded 7 pics the right direction if he did. And i could be sitting in my backyard oasis not giving a crap either way
lmao
Old 08-14-2020, 05:59 PM   #11
Getter-Done

There are simple solutions to these to each of these problems .

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #12
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I always put my pictures into MSPaint (yeah, I know) to crop them, and save them with a real file name instead of 20234087057_iyuoowewuyg. My pictures never spin out, that way.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 04:12 AM   #13
Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I always put my pictures into MSPaint (yeah, I know) to crop them, and save them with a real file name instead of 20234087057_iyuoowewuyg. My pictures never spin out, that way.
I do the same. Once transferred from phone. Rename. Right click, "open with" MS paint. Then save. Upload fine. Do not even have to resize.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

I have posted pictures that are upright, taken with a camera, in my folders and have it land sideways here. I don't know what causes it but I never thought to blame this website.

I can post 5 pictures per post, no problem... ever. It's a simple matter of uploading one at a time. It takes about a minute. I figure there are 60 of those every hour, which will always seem quick to me. I still see it as very easy compared to the effort it takes to do other necessities.

You pay extra to use this site to sell for profit, right? I figure if you aren't getting enough back out of that it's time to do a cost effective evaluation. If this site seems low-budget on how it functions, maybe that's because there aren't ads between every stinkin' post. I have been on forums where you can only view post or view pictures as a subscribed member. Here anyione can post pictures and non-subscribers can see your items for sale and buy them. I don't see those other sites having any better functions than here. On Craigslist I have to post one image, publish, then go back to edit in the next picture. Repeat process until I have all pictures posted. Here, you post 5 in the first post, then post sets of 5 in as many posts as needed until they are all up.

I will always be amazed at how spoiled computers have made us. I like to keep my own way of seeing and feeling in check by looking back and the old ways to find my happiness. Problem is, it doesn't work all that well. I think I'd rather go back to the inconvenience and a happier society that was thankful for what it had

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #15
Killer Bee

that's not a very nice way to ask Boog for a flip but hey, we all have a bad once in a while..
Old 08-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #16
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

I second the post about this site and the benefit of not getting spammed and slammed with ads.
I do most my browsing mobile, and so many forums have ads that dominate the screen.
Oh, and I'd much rather buy and sell here than eBay.
I have been burned twice on eBay. I'm sure it was because of my inexperience, but that's why I prefer here, the people on this site aren't looking for ways to rip people off, and if they are, they get banned.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:04 PM   #17
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
I second the post about this site and the benefit of not getting spammed and slammed with ads.
I do most my browsing mobile, and so many forums have ads that dominate the screen.
Oh, and I'd much rather buy and sell here than eBay.
I have been burned twice on eBay. I'm sure it was because of my inexperience, but that's why I prefer here, the people on this site aren't looking for ways to rip people off, and if they are, they get banned.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:33 PM   #18
YBNORML

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Maybe try making your signature longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I should be more professional, but I am multi tasking today. I don't know if I want to laugh, or just let you rant on.

Posts like this make me wish Josh did sell out to the big guys years ago. You probably could have uploaded 7 pics the right direction if he did. And I could be sitting in my backyard oasis not giving a crap either way
Sometimes I really wish this site had a like button!!!!!

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #19
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Smile Re: This website

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybnorml View Post
sometimes i really wish this site had a like button!!!!!
x2

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:47 PM   #20
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I do the same. Once transferred from phone. Rename. Right click, "open with" MS paint. Then save. Upload fine. Do not even have to resize.
There is one other benefit to doing that. The pictures you take on a phone may have the location embedded in them. Adam Savage of MythBusters took a picture of something at his house and got visitors who tracked him down. He had moved by the time the person(s) visited his old house. Somehow running them through paint removes the geographical information. That's something that I'm going to check on my pics.

From wikipedia-

"To find an image's exif data, right-click the photo and select either “properties” or “information”. If the GPS coordinates appear, simply type them into Google Maps to find the location."

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #21
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
There is one other benefit to doing that. The pictures you take on a phone may have the location embedded in them. Adam Savage of MythBusters took a picture of something at his house and got visitors who tracked him down. He had moved by the time the person(s) visited his old house. Somehow running them through paint removes the geographical information. That's something that I'm going to check on my pics.

From wikipedia-

"To find an image's exif data, right-click the photo and select either “properties” or “information”. If the GPS coordinates appear, simply type them into Google Maps to find the location."
You are Spot on that Statement

Old 08-15-2020, 07:54 PM   #22
Getter-Done

LIKE BUTTON>

I agree.

Name:  like.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  34.4 KB

Old 08-15-2020, 11:25 PM   #23
68bowtie

I share the sentiment of the original poster. That doesn’t mean I need to be reminded of the much more numerous positive attributes of the site. That I agree with as well. All I’m saying is I think it’s a valid point, and it’s healthy to be open to hearing thoughts and opinions, and the site owners have a right to address or ignore them as they see fit.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:58 AM   #24
franken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post

I love the response. A personality. A human. Yay.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 02:39 AM   #25
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
I share the sentiment of the original poster. That doesn’t mean I need to be reminded of the much more numerous positive attributes of the site. That I agree with as well. All I’m saying is I think it’s a valid point, and it’s healthy to be open to hearing thoughts and opinions, and the site owners have a right to address or ignore them as they see fit.
Already addressed in my post. We are not fb etc. We do not have those resources. Josh has already addressed the site upgrades in other posts as well. Everyone has a right to their opinion. That includes those that are happy and discussing the positive instead of just complaining.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote