The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
GhostTown

If you wanted a NEW Super Sport...

.... but realize that GM obviously does not offer one, nor will offer one in 2012, how would you go about ordering a standard cab 2wd to build one?

I guess go with the 2wd standard cab LT with a 5.3, and then supercharge it?

What exact options would you put on it? What crap would you leave off that you don't need?

6 speed auto with 3.43 gears?

Of course you could spend 30 grand to put an LS7 in it and blah, blah, blah... but let's be realistic. Let's say you can buy the truck, and then have a 10k budget for aftermarket stuff that includes wheels/tires, suspension, engine, body/paint.

I've been having "fast new truck" dreams lately, and I want to get a few different takes on how a guy could go about building one.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: If you wanted a NEW Super Sport...

That sounds about like what I would do. Whipplecharge it, lower it, be done.

I do like a lot of the features of the 2LT, though. I think I would want buckets and console (to get Bose), and of course P/W, P/L, and power folding mirrors. 3.42 gears should be fine with a supercharger, maybe even 3.23's to try and get a little mileage out of it. The roots type (or twin screw, etc.) will start making power down low. Too much gear and it will just kill the tires.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Smokeshow_1984

6.2L alum. block, behind a M6 standard, with an optional A6. gear of 3.42 Std, with optional 4.10. Only offered in 2wd with the M6, 2wd, or awd with the a6 Comes only as a regular cab, short bed. All trim levels offered, from manual windows in locks, to a full leather cream puff. Appearance Package only offered on SS model trucks, that includes engine size badges, SS specific body cladding, Performance package only offered on SS model, including 6 piston front, and 4 piston rear discs, high flow exhaust system 20" rims, with a nice wide tire,something like a 305. Lower ride high with reworked "sport tuned" suspension, including stiffer springs, thicker anti roll bar, etc.
Smokeshow_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Smokeshow_1984

Sorry, I mistook the question as a "what if gm made an SS truck.
Smokeshow_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
GhostTown

lol.... I was getting all excited there for a second.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:03 AM   #6
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

These ideas are in line with what I am working on. I am buying a 2011 GMC Sierra SWB, with a 5.3, 3.42, 2WD, 6 Spd auto, 20" wheels. I like the grille shape and the fender shapes better than the new Chevys. My plans are to drop it, open it up in breathing and then look at what can be done to make the fuel curve more efficient. From there the heavy weight needs to come off---rear bumper, etc...
Old 04-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
GhostTown

Nice! I envy you. Hopefully you'll have a thread on it.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
cparman
sharp as a marble

I have been driving old Chevy's for the last 10 years, and I finally wanted a 'newer' DD. I bounced around a new Camaro, newer Corvette, and settled on a 2007 Trailblazer SS. It could be practical, except for the fuel mileage. Stupid fast, super comfy. and good for a long drive. My mods will include fuel mileage enhancements. Efans, 3.42 gear set, and maybe a tune. I never get in this thing, that I don't have a smile on my face shortly after. I am a Chevy nut/music nut. Did a gateway to incorporate my Ipod, and Sat radio. Just starting to play. Hope to be done playing in a few months. I will report fuel mileage details, and the smile factor as I progress.

Chip
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #9
cparman
sharp as a marble

Drove my new DD 300 miles today. Love it. Needed to get around a slower truck, pulling a trailer that had a MUDDER truck on it. Gas pedal depressed, shortly there after almost REDLINE!! cool as ****. My copilot ( wife) " you just had to do that didn't ya" Well hell yea. Road trip to look at a car for a client, IPOD crankin, too much fun
Old 05-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
GhostTown

That's awesome. I sure wish they made a 2WD truck version.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
cparman
sharp as a marble

I am sure it would be pricey, but what about a 06-09 truck with an LS2. The Trailblazer SS has this engine 390 hp, and a smooth idle. Gear it as you wish, and HURT the feelings of the ricers!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
FLDBRED

I think the closest thing to a SS would be the 6.2 403 HP MAX TRAILERING Package,this would give you 3.73 gears G80.You can get it in Ext.Cab and 4WD, not AWD!! It should run 14's and be a heck of a four wheel drive truck! When you order the MT you also get the 9.5 rear and disc's out back.When you throw in the 6 speed Auto it just might be the best SS truck Chevy has ever made!
FLDBRED is offline   Reply With Quote