The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
cparman
sharp as a marble

07 Trailblazer SS

well my daughter came over for a free meal tonight. She is going on vacation in 2 weeks with her friends, and I wanted her 2000 S-10 Blazer to take to the shop to make sure it is road worthy for a 1000 ride. I told her to bring it tonight, and I would switch cars with her. I am IFFY about her mom driving my new hot rod, but feel good about my kid driving my SS for a day. She is a deans list girl at UNF, and WAAY smarter than her dad. Suggested that she see if the traction control worked when she left. I got " the two heads look " from her and her momma. My girl has a heavy foot. Will be interesting to see what she has to say tomorrow. I love my SS
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Sillyoldman

Re: 07 Trailblazer SS

Well how'd it go?

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
cparman
sharp as a marble

I own an auto repair shop, and my daughter did NOT get the car gene. I was working on her car, getting it ready for a trip. My wife and daughter were running errands, and my wife said I had called and her car was ready. " do you want to go to the shop and get your car" ? My kid said " no I think I want to drive dads for a while longer, it is really nice!". I guess there is hope for me for her to morph into a car girl. Maddie is a sophomore in college and doing very well. Mom and I bought her a house, I intend to let her drive her 2000 S-10 Blazer until she graduates, and then buy her a new car. Wonder what she will want?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
67olds

Damn! Bought her a house and her cars! Wanna be my dad!?
67olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:25 AM   #5
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

^^for real huh lol
project 67 sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
cparman
sharp as a marble

Maddie is a good kid. After I finished her house, she called me and said ' THANKS' . Damn proud of her, and know that she did get my common sense gene. If i go tomorrow, I know that she will be fine.

AND NO I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AN ADOPTIES!! haha.

I have a friend that was an Army ranger in Korea. Good old boy from the Carolinas. His best quote:

" Thanks, it is mighty poor pay, but it is cash"

Use this alot, and it rings true to the greatest generation. Wish i was one of that generation. they made this country great.

My dad was one of them. Glad he is not here to see what the 547 have done to what was the greatest country in the world.