The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2015, 12:31 AM   #26
gono

Re: 1959 Big Back Window 3 point seatbelts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litefoot Sr View Post
i attached photos of the Siverado seats I used, but unfortunately known are at the right angle showing the back of the seat from inside. One photo shows the seat from the rear before i installed the back glass, so you can see how high and the shape. The last pic shows the tinted glass installed so it pretty much disappears from the back. I'll try to get another shot from inside tomorrow.
could you a couple pic of your interior? I like how your carpet covers the inside of the step. Was that a custom job? You're right, with the tintend glass, you cant see the seat backs.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:31 AM   #27
Litefoot Sr

So here's a few more pics of the interior as it was going in. The side panel under the pass seat comes off and that's where I placed the batt. I used the orig tray from the firewall and attached it to the frame. Not as trick as the
SS fold down type, but it was free. The nice thing about belts built into the seat is Chevy designed it strong, and all I had to do was bolt it the the floor.
Attached Images

Litefoot Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #28
Russell Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
I know this is a small window cab but here is a pic of what it looks like with the skin off. I would say use a seat with belts in it or do some reinforcing behind there. what if you drilled an oversize hole in the cab where you want the nut anchor point, then slice a hole in the door jamb from the front facing edge and slide in a piece of flat bar (with a hole already drilled in it) then weld the nut to the bar (through the hole in the sheet metal) and cap it all up nicely when done. that way there is something back there at least. make sure to pull the flat bar against the sheet metal before you weld. maybe work?
If you have a small back window cab you don't have to cut anything to get the top reinforcement plate in. Here's a video that shows how to do it.

http://www.bobshotrods.com/howto/3-p...chevy-pick-up/
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #29
Dan in Pasadena

For us that have a big back window would it work to just cut a slot inside the cab for a 1/2" or 3/4" square tube about 6" long with a nut welded inside?

Weld the tube to the sheet metal all around, grind, fill and go. What do you guys think?

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:39 PM   #30
dunce79

Bump. I'm looking to do 3 point in a big window cab as well. Anyone have any new ideas/pictures? thanks
dunce79 is offline   Reply With Quote