The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2010, 02:25 AM   #1
hotrodrookie

Tubs?

I was hoping that anyone who has tubbed their truck could give me some pointers. All Im after is tubbing out to include the framerail inside the wheel well for extra room for coilovers and a wider tire. I still want to keep the bed floor where it is, I just want more room on the sides.
thanks
hotrodrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
bondobob

Re: Tubs?

Do a search on my name to see what I did. Short story version: bought 8" wide plain steel trailer fenders for a 33" tire, narrowed to 4", filled in side, cut out bed side, welded on. It measures 16" from tub to inside of fender.
Attached Images

Last edited by bondobob; 03-03-2010 at 02:07 PM.
bondobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
hotrodrookie

I see that you went with the Fatbar setup and modified it a bit. Im designing my own four link that im kinda basing off of that setup with the coilovers on the outside of the fraimrail. I just bought some QA-1's off ebay that are 17" extended w/ 350 lb springs. What type of coilover are you running?

What was your plan for the bed floor? Im just not sure how to go about doing mine because all the board dividers are bent and rusty.

Why did you make the bed sides taller?

thanks Bondo
hotrodrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
bondobob

I didn't make them taller just cut out the rusted section and butt welded in new stuff. I'm using Shockwaves (air springs) If I had it to do over I would just use the coilovers to save some $$. I put my gas tank (20 gallon stainless) under the front of the bed on top of the frame so the floor is stepped up and over that. I never wanted the stock shiney wood look so I'm going with steel. These are replacement panels for a later model on top of a 1" square tube frame. The whole bed is welded together and un-bolts with 8 3/8" bolts.
Attached Images

bondobob is offline   Reply With Quote