The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2024, 01:57 AM   #1
Dashman

Mandrel Bent Exhaust

I'm having trouble finding a source for custom mandrel bending an exhaust system with 409 stainless steel in New Mexico. In about 2000, I bought pieces and had them welded together for my '81 Silverado. In about 2010, I had 2 "front pipes" bent to replace the previous pieces that were welded. I still kept the welded tail pipes. The website for the company that I used is no longer in use and I can't remember the name of the company, but they were in the north east. I've also been told that no one does mandrel bending in NM. I've designed a system for my Dad's '72 K10, and I recently emailed this guy in the north west sheets of my design. He said he can't do the S-curves that I've designed because he needs at least 5" between the bends. I said, "flip the pipe, do the math, and bend the tube for the 2nd bend from the other end". (Maybe some of you have also seen the you tube video of the guy that does this on a bender for 2" pipe and less?) He said, it's not possible. Can anyone recommend a mandrel bending shop near NM? ...like AZ, UT, CO, KS, NE, or TX? Shipping cost is a concern on (2) pieces that are 60" long. Thank you.

Last edited by Dashman; 01-18-2024 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections, and typos.
Dashman is offline   Reply With Quote