The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
tranz am

S10 Seat belt conversion (pics)

Ok went to the local junk yard yesterday and walked around for a few hours until I found a pair of seat belts that I thought would work. First I found a 95 s10 and wanted to pull those seat belts being that they were flawless, but I than realized that they were not going to work because of the mounting point being on the side panel rater than the floor. I found a few other s10s that looked like a promising choice but the color choices were limited to red, blue, and tan. But Even with those to chose from I was having a hard time finding two that looked to be in good condition (either frayed or cut). I decided that I would grab the pair of blue ones, each from different trucks! Then I saw a s10 that I had walked right past the first time around. It was a 89 i believe, It has black seat belts, exactly what I was looking for. I removed them and checked them to make sure they were working properly. Bad news though, only the driver seamed to be working correctly. The passenger belt was not locking when pulled out all the way like it should. This feature is critical in keeping baby seats and child seats firmly pressed up against the seat. What A bummer there. I inspected it for about a half an hour and discovered that the small plastic gear was striped out. I ended up buying the blue ones after all, and nabbing the black driver and middle seat belt. I guess Ill just have to keep on looking for that passenger belt in black. any ways got some pics from the adventure. I dont know how these will end up fitting being this is how much clearance we have to work with.</a>

Ill probably end up using my bed tanks instead and just take this tank out if it gets in the way.
here are the pics of the belts.
this is of the belt installed in the s10

here are all of them

This one is the one back driver belt

this one is the driver

and this one is the passenger
</a>
Interesting how these belts work dont you think? Ill keep you guys updated on the fit. and please if you have any comments or questions post em! thanks.

Best 1/4 mile time 12.1 @ 111 w/traction issues

1969 GMC SWB
1964 chevy II Nova ht
tranz am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Dachdu69C10

Re: S10 Seat belt conversion (pics)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but were you able to use these and keep your in cab tank?
Posted via Mobile Device

1969 C10 custom 1/2ton "Project"
2004 Volkswagen Jetta DD

"On the internet Men are Men, Women are Men, and little Girls are FBI Agents"
Dachdu69C10 is offline   Reply With Quote