The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #1
jp2240

Interior paint

I've had a few of these trucks in the past. But when I got them they were already faded and rusty . My question is did they come from the factory with a different sheen on the interior paint ? I'm thinking it wasn't as shiny as the exterior. What do you think?
jp2240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:55 PM   #2
chewychevy67

Re: Interior paint

I'm curious about this too. Sure seems like less gloss in the cab. I know the part behind the dash pad was almost matte so it doesn't shine up on the windshield
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:12 AM   #3
Metaldoc

The dash top was a matte finish and gloss the rest
Old 03-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #4
FirstOwner69

Mine has always been what looks like gloss to me (except the top). I even used to wax the interior and no wax residue was left to dull the paint. My dash paint is still original as is the pad.
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 03-16-2020 at 07:21 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
chewychevy67

I never get tired of looking at pictures of your truck. It is sweet
chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #6
weim55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
Mine has always been what looks like gloss to me (except the top). I even used to wax the interior and no wax residue was left to dull the paint. My dash paint is still original as is the pad.
!! wow, that original finish is NICE!! Did you have a camper on it for years that may have saved the interior paint from Sun bleach and fade? I to have a 69CST 20 the interior still wears its original 521 white paint. All of the interior components are nicer by far than any other 67/72 I’ve ever had. The camper hanging over the cab did an incredible job of preserving all of the interior. I’d be willing to bet the interior finish/gloss was identical to the exterior when the truck was new. Maybe someone on the board here with a great time capsule could confirm that.

Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:43 PM   #7
FirstOwner69

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
I never get tired of looking at pictures of your truck. It is sweet
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weim55 View Post
!! wow, that original finish is NICE!! Did you have a camper on it for years that may have saved the interior paint from Sun bleach and fade? I to have a 69CST 20 the interior still wears its original 521 white paint. All of the interior components are nicer by far than any other 67/72 I’ve ever had. The camper hanging over the cab did an incredible job of preserving all of the interior. I’d be willing to bet the interior finish/gloss was identical to the exterior when the truck was new. Maybe someone on the board here with a great time capsule could confirm that.

Steve weim55 Colorado
.... and, thank you!

I only had the camper (see my avatar) on the truck when we were camping. The truck was used as our second vehicle and garaged until 1975 when I decided we needed to add a Corvette as a toy. The truck was then kept outside until 1988 when we added a 30'X30' garage. It was stored in the garage until 2010 when I started the resto. Of course, it's still kept in that garage, but I don't consider it "stored" now.

The truck has been in Wisconsin since we moved from California in late 1971. The sun is a lot more forgiving in Wisconsin than most states. I attribute the survival of the dash pad, which is still very pliable, to Armor All which I started using when I discovered it in the 70s.

This is what the truck looked like in 2010 before the resto. Guess that makes it a survivor.

SORRY FOR TAKING US OFF TOPIC!
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstOwner69; 03-16-2020 at 10:54 PM.
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #8
irl104

Both were different. There were exterior colors and interior colors for each year of mfg.
irl104 is offline   Reply With Quote