The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
wrapumup

Fuel cell guy? Thinking of moving my tank

I have read some posts, and saw where a few people were looking for FCG, who I assume is the above mentioned. I have seen too many ideas on what tanks to use, other than purchased ones, did see late 70 to early 80 mustang or cougar maybe? I have my seat out now, replacing with suburban second, so thought this was a good time. Thanks for any ideas or help!
wrapumup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
shifty
Questionable

Re: Fuel cell guy? Thinking of moving my tank

there are often "sticky posts" at the top of the forum. there has been one about non-fuel cell tanks posted at the top of the forum for quite a while now. It has the title "Rear Fuel Tank swap".

i got my tank from FuelCellGuy (aka Mark Fowler). probably one of the nicest and most prompt guys i've ever dealt with - even worked on my tank while he was sick as a dog and i know he got one other person's tank out just before mine while he was in the same shape. i would highly recommend his tanks. the price is stupid cheap compared to places like Early Classic Enterprises.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
there are often "sticky posts" at the top of the forum. there has been one about non-fuel cell tanks posted at the top of the forum for quite a while now. It has the title "Rear Fuel Tank swap".

i got my tank from FuelCellGuy (aka Mark Fowler). probably one of the nicest and most prompt guys i've ever dealt with - even worked on my tank while he was sick as a dog and i know he got one other person's tank out just before mine while he was in the same shape. i would highly recommend his tanks. the price is stupid cheap compared to places like Early Classic Enterprises.
agreed!!!
if you dont need a intake pump either, its the way to go.
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
67ShortnFat

I am trying to send him a PM for a tank but it states his mailbox is full? Now What????
67ShortnFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
71swb4x4

I bought a FCG tank too, put over a year on it without any problems. That was my daily driver.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
wrapumup

Intake pump?
wrapumup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
shifty
Questionable

yeah, you can have a pump that mounts in the tank (like mine and many newer vehicles) or an external one. he can build a tank for either. all of his tanks come with sending unit prewired and installed. it's a really good, quality piece of work. i had mine Line-X'd at a local shop before mocking it up for install.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote