The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #1
cornerstone

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

So so nice man. I love your color choice! Well, really I like just about everything on your truck. Excellent!!
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
Steve Cole

Hey Sprint, been following your build, great work man! Can you give some details about your radiator shroud and fan setup? Did that shroud come from Cold Case and you bought the fans separately? Is that radiator a direct fit? Thanks!
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
sprint_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
Looks great coming along nicely
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
So so nice man. I love your color choice! Well, really I like just about everything on your truck. Excellent!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Looking good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cole View Post
Hey Sprint, been following your build, great work man! Can you give some details about your radiator shroud and fan setup? Did that shroud come from Cold Case and you bought the fans separately? Is that radiator a direct fit? Thanks!
Thanks everyone.

My fan shroud came from ebay, FS369K is the part number. It looks like they changed it though as mine took 13 inch fans, not 14 inch like the current one shows. It was a pretty nice piece, I did slightly bend it to get the fitment spot on but nothing too major. I bolted it to the radiator with 8-32 screws. For the fans I used Spal.

Radiator is a direct replacement from Cold Case, so far I'm fairly happy with it. The upper hose connection should be about a half inch longer, but it will work as is I think.

Here is a close up of how I mounted the fans. I used a 1/4 inch bolt as a stud, bolted to the shroud with a jam nut. I used loctight and really tightened it so it wouldn't spin, then the nylock is just snug with a nut driver. Makes it easy to change a fan if need be.
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote