The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Racie

Just got a 85 GMC SWB are the LS swaps that hard?

Just wondering...if I can do a traditional setup BBC or SMC pretty much in a wknd taking my time with my uncle or a couple of friends. (installed and up and running.) I mean if you have the motor mounts and cross-member how much difference is it? I mean I understand getting your wire harness done which I would get somebody who knows what they are doing. Other than cleaning up the install to look good how hard is it? These guys in Dallas are charging $7500-$15000 lmao...I'm like seriously guys it's a motor and tranny and maybe a cam swap and tune. I have a very clean GMC one owner and actually have my ZZ502 sitting on a pallet assembled and ready to go that I removed from my 68' because I went 572 seriously thinking about saying screw LS and drop it in with an overdrive tranny and add EFI to it. WHat are you guys thoughts? Oh and those prices are with my motor and tranny already removed 😂
Attached Images

Racie is offline   Reply With Quote