The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

What did you get done this week 10/20/2019 edition

took a ride to a body shop and didn't like the guys answers to paint my 79 so its back at the house and im doing some more of the bondo. Im probably half done at three to four hours of labor at what the shop wanted to charge 25 hours for no pics but ill get some
How about you all?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
sweetk30

Re: What did you get done this week 10/20/2019 edition

pickup trailer #2 just got a new set of TIMBREN bump stops installed . scored a smoking deal off ebay n.o.s set shipped 100 bucks . only kicker was there for a 4wd truck . so i looked at the parts blow up for both 2wd and 4wd and there the same minus the mount pad unit for the bump to the stock truck bounce mount . so i took and cut them down 1/8" and then welded on some SUPER beefy thick washers to make them almost like the 2wd version . then install was done with a extra SUPER beefy washer on top also and there now installed and good to go .

this trailer is getting a bri-mar 8ft dump inset in the bed to make a cheep dump trailer so i like the 1/2 ton ride it has behind the pickup but wanted more capacity so TIMBREN bump stops for the win .

pic 1 & 2 hanging on shop lift

pic 3 is on the ground no dump insert yet just the empty trailer .
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:05 PM   #3
D13

Dragged my 'new' 3/4 4wd chassis out of the weeds (so I could mow there). Got looking, think it's a camper chassis, 9 leaf rear, 3 leaf front, the bigger rear brakes, brake proportion control on rear axle. Yum. Dragged it up to the side of the barn. Got to find somewhere to put my 1/2 ton chassis.
Plus a mess o' tractors
D13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13 View Post
Dragged my 'new' 3/4 4wd chassis out of the weeds (so I could mow there). Got looking, think it's a camper chassis, 9 leaf rear, 3 leaf front, the bigger rear brakes, brake proportion control on rear axle. Yum. Dragged it up to the side of the barn. Got to find somewhere to put my 1/2 ton chassis.
when you say camper do you mean like a camper special? mine had a weird set up for the back bumper so you could slide it out and have the back bumper as a step with the camper in it. I don't know if that was factory or a custom thing

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:19 AM   #5
82Diesel

Got my Truck into the back garage, Prepping it the Complete Suspension Rebuild, While I am finishing up my Original 6.2L diesel eng.
82Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
fordguy40

New tanks, belts, kickdown switch, Bed Buddy dirtbike mount for the bed, and 16.5's (yeah I know, but it was cheaper than new tires AND wheels).