The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Leftlane

Heads up on CP4S3 spindles from Summit

I'm working on a 1971 shortbed fleetside, and have been following the spindle threads for a while. There's been some discussion as to whether you'd receive the old style spindles and their track width issues, or the New School/Old School style which at least maintain current width. A few guys had success getting the new style, but on 67/68 trucks.
I decided I could live with either style so..

I finally decided to pull the trigger on some 2-1/2 drop CPP spindles and Summit Racing wasn't bad on the price with shipping.

Ran outside to meet the UPS guy today, and couldn't have been more disappointed.

The box (packaged by CPP) was clearly marked CP4S3 71-72 TRK.
This is the part number for the year specific 2-1/2 drop spindles utilizing the factory tie rods and ball joints. Quite literally a bolt on drop.

What was in the box are clearly stock height spindles, and stamped CP4S5.
these are stock height 73-87 spindles.
(How many of these do you think CPP sells each year, with every junkyard in the US packed full of the factory equivalents'??)

Immediately called Summit and we agreed it was a CPP packaging issue. They are sending me out a calltag for pickup at their cost. They are also supposed to have the shipping department verify that the spindles sent as replacements are cast with CP4S3. We'll see what shows up.
But the service guy was cool about it.

Still hoping I get the new style, when I do get the correct parts.

On a positive note, I got my CPP bolt in C-notches directly from CPP in 5 days. They seem okay, and I didn't get backordered.

Keith
Old 04-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
Reyals Bemus

Re: Heads up on CP4S3 spindles from Summit

That's definitely a CPP mistake. They are known for those kinds of problems. Sigh...
Reyals Bemus is offline   Reply With Quote