The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
Hart_Rod

Lightbulb Bolt on hood brackets for Porterbuilt hood hinges.

HartRod Hood Brackets!

When I started getting ready to install my Porterbuilt dropmember hood hinges, I decided I didn't want to weld the provided hood brackets to my painted hood. I also looking for a way to have some side to side adjustment to allow for better alignment of the hood between the fenders if needed. So I spent some time trying to figure out a feasible way to accomplish this. After some trial and error, I finally came up with design that would bolt directly to the hood, requiring no welding. My brackets use the 2 factory hinge mounting points along with 4 - 3/8" nutserts installed in the hood brace. The Porterbuilt hood hinges attach directly to the mounted hood brackets. It's a very simple and clean installation. Let me know if you any specific questions or are interested in a set of the brackets. I'm offering the first batch at $200 shipped via USPS (CONUS only). Just paypal robhartley@aol.com and include "Hood Brackets" in the message.

Rob

P.S. Below is a great step by step thread written by boardmember Rockcrwln that shows you how to install your PBFab hood hinges. When you get to the step that shows you how to weld on the hood mount, you would continue you the installation process with with HartRod hood brackets!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...+hinge+install
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 01-28-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote