The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
6768chevylover

wilwood brakes

I have a set of the d52 wildwood calipers on my 71 4x4 blazer. 2 months ago the th350 trans blew so I did a manual trans swap. I just got it back on the road 2 days ago and took it for a spin and the pass. wheel was hot. thinking it was the bearings in the hub. Luckly for me instead of taking the whole hub assembly apart and finding nothing wrong, the brake caliper was seized. Now I was under the impression these were not suppose to cause an issue since they are aluminum/ss pistons. This is off there website:

D52 Dual Piston Floater Description
The D52 caliper is a direct bolt-on 2 piston replacement for the factory original single calipers on many 1968-96 GM Passenger Vehicles and Trucks. Forged billet aluminum bodies, stainless steel pistons, and competition style high-temperature seals put and end to the rust, bore pitting, and seal failures that plague the OE caliper design. D52 calipers provide low-maintenance performance and a huge weight savings with high temperature reliability for the street and track.
I've owned these calipers for a few yrs now but only had them on the blazer for 9 months.. Anyone ever run into this with there wildwood calipers?
6768chevylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: wilwood brakes

Despite their claims anything mechanical can fail..sometimes for no reason it seems..they got you on that (low maintenance) part...I'd contact them and see what they say..
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote