The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #26
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Had A Good Time Last Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It sure was a nice K5 alright. Too bd I missed seeing you. Friday felt warm to all who were there Thursday no matter what part of the country they were from. It got to about 60 and the main thing was the sun was out. There are people who wear shorts all winter up here. They are just as cold as anyone but to much a fool to admit it. If you need a hoodie you need pants BOZO!. Socks, too. I swear I was at the store one day we had a little snow and I saw a guy dodging the ice water puddles in his shorts and flip-flops. Poor guy probably owns a $500k house , drives a $70k vehicle, and can't afford proper clothing . It seems to be a college boy thing. Go to college to get ignorant I guess.
I didn't see your glovebox sign hanging this year. I kind of remembered the general area.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #27
special-K
Special Order

Good eye, it wasn't hanging . I was barely there in more ways than one. Didn't bring much, was away from my spot a lot, no sign, no custom Buddy L GMC pickup with cards, not a single Tonka... and on. Same spot as always though, near Lutty's. Sorry I missed you.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:57 AM   #28
special-K
Special Order

It's another weekend again. So don't forget to post what you do/did. It's that time of year for shows, swap meets, traveling, cookouts, club gatherings, camping, yard work, home improvements, working on vehicle, etc. That's what this thread is all about.

Last weekend was all about work for me. I sanded a vintage oak counter top in a kitchen I've been building on Saturday, and Sunday I looked at a job a couple hours from home, so ate up the day.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #29
yuccales

Like the look of that counter top.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:51 PM   #30
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Like the look of that counter top.
X2 it looks very nice.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #31
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Indeed, that counter top is nice. I loves me some white oak. I have a chest for my carving tools that I made out of quarter sawn white oak.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #32
special-K
Special Order

Thanks all. so you carve, Steve? I haven't gotten into that. I asked the gal I did this for what she planned for the scraps. After all, it's not trash! She has a friend (woman) who does woodwork (I wonder if she's single) and she's going to have her get together with her grandson (12-ish?), who is into knives, to show him some tricks with it. There is nothing larger than maybe 9" x 9" x 1" thick. Maybe some scroll shelf brackets or who knows what? Just glad to see it go to some use. I would have seen about that if she had no plans for it.

Here it is with the satin poly applied (3 coats w/0000 steel wool between). I set the sink, it is hooked up, and working now. She plans to do a back splash with 1" multi-color glass tiles. I still need to install 1/4" hardy backer (about 4" tall to window sill) and a piece of wood at sill level for hr to work to. Then pull that and install window sill material ripped to step back from the width of the window sill...which I made wide as possible to serve as a nick-nack shelf. I've really enjoyed doing this project
Attached Images

Tim

Old 05-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #33
Ol Blue K20

Looks great, nice work..

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 05-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #34
flashed

Wow , I like that . Here ,everyone wants Granite , not me .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #35
davischevy

Hardy backer.

Years ago I took an apprentice in a bathroom and told him to scribe a horizontal line 3' above the tub and cut out the drywall and install 1/2" concrete backer.

I went back later and had concrete backer 3' off the tub to the ceiling.

The guy hooked up with a farmer friend of mine later and managed to kill two full houses full of chickens.

He now is an executive with one of the largest employers in town. I hope they have good insurance.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #36
davischevy

Oh yeah, nice work Tim.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #37
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Thanks all. so you carve, Steve? I haven't gotten into that. I asked the gal I did this for what she planned for the scraps. After all, it's not trash! She has a friend (woman) who does woodwork (I wonder if she's single) and she's going to have her get together with her grandson (12-ish?), who is into knives, to show him some tricks with it. There is nothing larger than maybe 9" x 9" x 1" thick. Maybe some scroll shelf brackets or who knows what? Just glad to see it go to some use. I would have seen about that if she had no plans for it.

Here it is with the satin poly applied (3 coats w/0000 steel wool between). I set the sink, it is hooked up, and working now. She plans to do a back splash with 1" multi-color glass tiles. I still need to install 1/4" hardy backer (about 4" tall to window sill) and a piece of wood at sill level for hr to work to. Then pull that and install window sill material ripped to step back from the width of the window sill...which I made wide as possible to serve as a nick-nack shelf. I've really enjoyed doing this project
That's looking really nice! Yes, I carve, but I use white oak for structural stuff. It's hard as you-know-what.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 05-05-2018, 11:23 PM   #38
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Hardy backer.

Years ago I took an apprentice in a bathroom and told him to scribe a horizontal line 3' above the tub and cut out the drywall and install 1/2" concrete backer.

The guy hooked up with a farmer friend of mine later and managed to kill two full houses full of chickens.

He now is an executive with one of the largest employers in town. I hope they have good insurance.
Heh, I worked at some major aerospace companies in my "career"- TRW, Hughes, Lockheed and Northrop Grumman. Three things I have noticed- if an employee is abusive to their fellow employees, they get promoted. If an employee breaks hardware on the shop floor, they get promoted (to get them away from the hardware). If an employee is completely incompetent, management will cover for them, and keep them employed...and promote them. Craziest thing I've ever seen. This is why your defense dollars are so big.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 05-06-2018, 12:22 AM   #39
yuccales

Quote:
I like Studebaker trucks.
special-K, here's one for you.
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:24 AM   #40
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Wow , I like that . Here ,everyone wants Granite , not me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Hardy backer.

Nice to see he found a place he belongs. He no longer needs to interpret instructions, only give them. Hey wait a minute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
That's looking really nice! Yes, I carve, but I use white oak for structural stuff. It's hard as you-know-what.
It sure is harder than the hubs of he!!. Dense? I think it weights twice as much as piece of red oak. I think the scraps would be perfect for decorative shelve brackets ot wooden hinge/ latch type thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
special-K, here's one for you.
For me? Thanks! When can I pick it up?

Tim

Old 05-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

Anyone have a good time last weekend? Sunday was the local antique truck show. But rain was looming, hit us by 2, so that kept the crowd small, if not intimate. I think it was 25 trucks. The antique tractor show, which was Saturday & Sunday looked as good as ever. And the tractors were pulling right up until the rain got hard. This is all happening at the John Deere dealership. To be honest, the camera never left my truck, I walked up to register and chewed some fat with those hanging around there, saw a few buddies, hung in one spot talking away, my friend with the '58 Reo I ride to bigger shows with (& had he not been running late we would have taken our trucks together) rolls in and parks, saw him go register, talking to others, but never caught up till rain got heavy and people were leaving the truck show. One of our members has an IH Transtar with reefer trailer that he has a set of stairs for. So the group of us migrated into there. Chuck, the Reo guy had his son with him and they had been over at the tractors. We met up inside the dealership (Open House as well) where they were looking at the toys to buy his grandson (daughter's). Turns out they have a museum building out back. Nothing fancy, but a couple Waterloo Boys, 2cyls, early CPs, on up. Quite a bit of implements, a combine, all sorts of things on the wall shelves, 20s-30s fire trucks, and more.

We hopped in the '72 and road out to the river to get lunch at a newly re-opened place I wanted those guys to check out. Good food in a good location...across the river from Harper Ferry. Got on back to the show site and it looked like it was breaking up, the weather. Rain had stopped and patches of blue trying to peak through. Chuck had bikes in the Reo and we were contemplating peddling up the C&O Canal. Good thing we decided to just head home, because the big rain had not yet come and was right behind us. That was my weekend fun

Tim

Old 05-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #42
Ol Blue K20

Except for the rain it sounds like a great time.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 05-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #43
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I had one ,, I seen a 4 foot long work bench for sale with drawers and made of 3/4 inch plywood and 4/4 post corners for $50 ,, I went to get it and the guy says ,,Here ! take this 4 inch vice and drill press too.. I am moving and dont want it..

I had a nice week end.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #44
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

I had a good weekend. Blew the dust off my old Mustang and took it to a local car show.

And hey guess what? The old girl actually won a prize! I couldn't believe it.

I took my wife out for Margarita's and my buddy and I had a beer. It was a great time.

Mrs. Fleetside didn't want me to take her picture So of course I did.

The weather was perfect and the Kern river was beautiful. Nice day.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:36 AM   #45
Ol Blue K20

Looks like downtown Kernville to me

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 05-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #46
outfield

I went down to LS Fest West in Las Vegas with my son last weekend. He ran his 66' Chevy Step Side in the Auto Cross, Poker Run and 3-S Challenge, it was great fun. Saw a lot of amazing cars, and trucks down there.

Last pic is the truck back home safe and sound!
Attached Images

outfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #47
leddzepp

There was an antique truck show at the trolley museum this weekend. Snapped a couple pics.
Attached Images

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #48
leddzepp

Another
Attached Images

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 05-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #49
leddzepp

More
Attached Images

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #50
leddzepp

K10 LWB stepper
Attached Images

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man