The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2015, 10:18 PM   #1
c20pickup

koul tools

never posted in this section before, but as a testimonial to koul tools, they get a 100% positive review from me. the tool is used to assemble an fittings. i ordered a bunch of -6 line and fittings to run fuel and transmission lines on my 70 pickup. i watched all the videos on YouTube on how to assemble these things, seemed easy enough to do. well to run just the line from the pump outlet to my carburetor (4 fitting connections including the filter and fuel pressure gauge) it took me almost two hours. the hardest part about assembling these fittings is to get the braided line into the socket, which on one connection had to re cut the hose end 6 times to stop the fraying, i wrapped the hose with tape before cutting with no success. i was aggravated wasting hose, wasting time, and shredding my fingers on the frayed hose. i went home and did some research and found the koul tool. basically an ingenious design helps with the installation and saves your fingers. it is a clam shell with a funnel at the end to funnel in the braided hose into the socket. i finished the rest of my plumbing today in about an hour!

i bought the -6,-8,-10 kit from summit racing, it was around 80$ which was a little steep in my opinion
i also wish the tool was made from aluminum or steel instead of composite plastic.
with that aside i found the tool irreplaceable i give them a 100% review.

http://www.koultools.com/ANHoseAssemblyTools.html
c20pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #2
Rod Run

Re: koul tools

Ive used them plenty of times in the past. Well worth the money