The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
70rs/ss

Re: My new toy, dub'd "The BIG Unit" by a previous owner!

An update, but no picts Anyways the sweet 68 clip is on it and unfortunately the 5-lug got pulled the other day!? I bought the burb and intended to use the 5-lug stuff on the 2wd Blazer build I am doing for lksdcvn, so the rear is under the Blazer now. This all got my wheels a turnin' and a 4X is what I came up with!! I have a coil sprung Dana 60 with a posi and 3.54's so I'll flip the trailing arms to the top of the axle and a new set of coils to get 3-4" of lift on the rear and then some DIY4X leaf spring hangers for the front!! I am going w/the longer leafs in the front to soften the ride and add the transfer case etc. Once it is together and I enjoy it a bit, I plan to go coils for the front as well, this isn't going to be a crawler or really even a wheeler, but a capable vehicle that runs like a scalded dog, rides like a caddy and wheels when the white stuff falls, picts to come ASAP I promise!!

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 07-29-2009 at 04:28 PM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote