The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Past Contest Winners > 2011 ToTM Archive

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: TOTM-SEptember 2011-Living in Suburbia!
1. mosesburb-1972 Chevy K20 Suburban 37 13.07%
2. dougo-1972 GMC K2500 Suburban 67 23.67%
3. LT1 Burb-1966 Chevy Suburban 74 26.15%
4. justpball-1990 Chevy Suburban 33 11.66%
5. jeffg1010-1970 Chevy Suburban 13 4.59%
6. project 67 sub-1967 Chevy Suburban 11 3.89%
7. xman-1972 Chevy Suburban 2 0.71%
8. GMCjunkie-1971 GMC K2500 Suburban 7 2.47%
9. bruin_d-1972 Chevy Suburban 21 7.42%
10. 1sik7T2 - 1972 Chevy Suburban 2 0.71%
11. Demmit Hemmit's 65-1965 Chevy Suburban 6 2.12%
12. 72 Mario-1968 Chevy Suburban 10 3.53%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #26
dougo

Re: TOTM-September 2011-Living in Suburbia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sik7t2 View Post
i'm confused.....so this is just a beauty contest if nobody can see the discription of the work you've done..why ask for stats if they aren't posted with your picture???
Hey all, it's really cool to be selected and among a group of great burbs! Every burb selected is unique and beautiful!

To answer the above post (if you're interested) - my burb has a slightly built 454 with mild cam, turbo 400. I wanted to go the 454 route for towing. Older, custom 4 inch lift, with new 33s on kelsey hayes. Enterior is complete and has original headliner, carpet, 3 row seats (although seats have been redone). Options (or what's on it): air (rear air too), tach, tilt, am/fm, 72 only tow hooks, barn doors and custom 30ish gal gas tank. She's pretty much complete and road worthy - in fact I use her mostly for road trips: camping, motocross in the dessert, lake trips, winter trips for snowboarding. No shows, with the expception of local cruise nights (so far). So - she gets used... and when in 4 wheel drive - will pull a house down. She's not perfect, but then again - I bought her to use, not show.

I'd like to eventually figure out a way to install some off road lights on the front - that can be either hidden (when not in use), or easily taken off (I'm sometimes driving offroad in the dessert to get to destination) - the stock lights are not real bright but I want to maintain the stock look. I'm all for mods, but like to maintain the fine balance of a lightly modded, stock look.

-Doug
Old 08-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #27
1sik7t2
dave

VERY INTERESTED..VERY NICE BURB....I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE 1 LIKE YOURS TO TOW MINE SOME DAY....THINK IT WOULD BE ULTRA COOL EFFECT, ROLLIN DOWN THE ROAD....COLOR MATCHED, OF COURSE THX 4 SHARING

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougo View Post
Hey all, it's really cool to be selected and among a group of great burbs! Every burb selected is unique and beautiful!

To answer the above post (if you're interested) - my burb has a slightly built 454 with mild cam, turbo 400. I wanted to go the 454 route for towing. Older, custom 4 inch lift, with new 33s on kelsey hayes. Enterior is complete and has original headliner, carpet, 3 row seats (although seats have been redone). Options (or what's on it): air (rear air too), tach, tilt, am/fm, 72 only tow hooks, barn doors and custom 30ish gal gas tank. She's pretty much complete and road worthy - in fact I use her mostly for road trips: camping, motocross in the dessert, lake trips, winter trips for snowboarding. No shows, with the expception of local cruise nights (so far). So - she gets used... and when in 4 wheel drive - will pull a house down. She's not perfect, but then again - I bought her to use, not show.

I'd like to eventually figure out a way to install some off road lights on the front - that can be either hidden (when not in use), or easily taken off (I'm sometimes driving offroad in the dessert to get to destination) - the stock lights are not real bright but I want to maintain the stock look. I'm all for mods, but like to maintain the fine balance of a lightly modded, stock look.

-Doug
Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #28
veinbar

Thank you for adding the description Dougo... Really adds to the contest. I can't imagine how well your suburban pulls with that 454. There's still a lot of time left, but congrats on running a tight race for first so far... That has to feel awesome, knowing that other board members dig your ride.

Thank you for these contests!!! Highlighting some great survivors.
1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 455ci, TH400, 2.73 Open - SOLD (but I still claim to own it from time to time)
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

stats and most of the info on mine is in my sig below along with a link to my build thread
Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #30
1sik7t2
dave

yeah..i have the build thread thing too...but i think it'd b nice if the info was already there with the pictures, especially if they asked for it anyway....as we all know, it's not just a 'looking good" thing....lots of work done to ALL of these that can't be seen....omo

Quote:
Originally Posted by project 67 sub View Post
stats and most of the info on mine is in my sig below along with a link to my build thread
Old 08-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #31
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

haha yup, very true well they can always copy and paste my stats and info from below and put it with the pics
Old 08-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #32
bruin_d

You guys are lucky I haven't had a chance to be a good pic of my engine compartment with the SloshTubz installed. I'd win hands down!!! Hahahaha!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #33
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Gotta love #1 ...check the sippy cup on the tailgate and the toilet paper in full view under the wooden homebuilt shelf-sytem thingy.....my kind of guy.

Who cares about all that prep B.S. what you see is what you get.

Question: honey should I at least move the TP before the TOTM photo shoot?
Answer: what for?..... just take the damn picture already.

love it...this is as real as it gets !!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #34
jeffg1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHNBOBO View Post
Gotta love #1 ...check the sippy cup on the tailgate and the toilet paper in full view under the wooden homebuilt shelf-sytem thingy.....my kind of guy.

Who cares about all that prep B.S. what you see is what you get.

Question: honey should I at least move the TP before the TOTM photo shoot?
Answer: what for?..... just take the damn picture already.

love it...this is as real as it gets !!!!!
haha!
I've read some of his thread. Some great photos and stories. That Burb goes about anywhere. I mean, he goes further than people with banjos choose to wander.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #35
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Ok Iv'e been doin some thinking about this TOTM deal

--first off what happens in case of a tie?

--second, here's a suggestion...get rid of the poll results until the contest is over...here me out:

It's called "I don't want to waist my vote on someone who probably won't win syndrome" ...Iv'e caught myself doing the same thing after scrolling through the poll results and saying "I don't really like the leaders but if I vote for my first choice he "may be" to far down to win anyway"....so I end up voting for one of the "contenders". If enough people think this way it certainly could influence the outcome.

This is much more prevalent as the contest progresses as the gaps become wider. Then you may think that if "I'm going to vote I want to be with the winners"

If this info was hidden, everyone would have no choice but to truly vote with their "first instinct"...which some do anyway, but not enough!!!

This also happens in public elections which there is a barrage of polls telling you basically who is and isn't going to win before you even go to the voting booth.
Then the candidate who you and many other people may have voted for gets screwed.

Think about it ...yes it is very novel to watch the poll every day and see who's ahead but is it really necessary ....especially when it now becomes a popularity contest instead of a honest blind ballot election.

Any one agree? .....no disrespect to the contenders at all .....they are all awesome burbs, but lets face it the poll was over after the fifth or sixth day
and the chances of the third or fourth place contender catching up is remote at best.

If just 10 percent of the voters would have voted for another burb the out come could possibly be completely different. And that ten percent may be the crowd who just want to be with the "projected" winner....it's just human nature. I'm just sayin..............................
Old 09-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #36
GruntMoanCough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHNBOBO View Post
Ok Iv'e been doin some thinking about this TOTM deal..............................
I can understand what your sayin', however, when I vote, I vote for the vehicle that I like the most......and then see if I was right , usually I'm wrong.

Also, if I ever get a truck together that would be eligible for TOTM, I would be glad to receive the votes that I did get. Although, winning would be cool.

I suppose it's kinda like entering a car show or show and shine, where there would be interest by someone in what you've got, even though you might not go home with an award.

BTW, I voted for dougo this month.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #37
Demmit_Hemmit's 65

Thanks guys for all the votes.............................Hemmit
Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #38
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntMoanCough View Post
I can understand what your sayin', however, when I vote, I vote for the vehicle that I like the most......and then see if I was right , usually I'm wrong.
Next time this is what I'm doin ....I won't say who I voted for....I wan't to keep all my friends !!!!

I believe I voted on or about the fifth day and was surprised when the my favorite burb looked like it was obviously not going to win whether he had my vote or not ....so I voted for my second choice so as to not "waste" my one vote. This proves my point...if my curiosity didn't get the best of me and I didn't look at the ever so visible poll results, my first choice would have at least one more vote than he has now.

Some would say It's never wasting your vote if it is what you really believe.
That in principal is correct ...but if you really know that your guy ain't goin to be the winner, your vote simply becomes symbolic and serves no "real" purpose other than to make a statement. Kinda like voting for Ron Paul, he has a cult like following but in the real world it's a thousand to one shot. If it wasn't for the crazed media and all their daily tracking polls he might have a fighting chance.

Here's a good compromise...hide the polls from the individual forum users until right AFTER they vote....then allow them to monitor till the winner is announced. If it was done this way I guarantee the vote would not be one of a follower but one of the individual's true favorite.

Just a thought.............Rushnbobo
Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #39
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

if the poll is hidden, then there is no way to show it has not been changed by staff. Not that we would.. but folks do tend to accuse at times. If someone is voting for a popularity game, then they have issues.. I really cant see someone even bothering to open the thread, whom was not interested in the contest itself.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #40
1sik7t2
dave

Blah, blah, blah....just vote people...for me of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
if the poll is hidden, then there is no way to show it has not been changed by staff. Not that we would.. But folks do tend to accuse at times. If someone is voting for a popularity game, then they have issues.. I really cant see someone even bothering to open the thread, whom was not interested in the contest itself.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #41
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
if the poll is hidden, then there is no way to show it has not been changed by staff. Not that we would.. but folks do tend to accuse at times.
How would we know now?....there all just numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
If someone is voting for a popularity game, then they have issues.. I really cant see someone even bothering to open the thread, whom was not interested in the contest itself.
Almost every poll I see on the internet says "vote here" ...and all you see are the radio buttons....right after you click ....there's the vote totals now in full view, previously hidden. It doesn't seem to effect the voting participation of hundreds of other polls ...why would this one be different? I'm not going to look through the trucks and then say dammit, I don't feel like voting now ....cause they don't show the "running results"

I know it ain't goin to change unless there was a movement ...kinda like a revolution....no forget that....and any it's just a crazy forum poll anyway where you get a badge and recognition from your peers and possibly magazines contact you for a feature...big deal. And maybe 1sik72 would be right up there with the "trucks with shinier paint crowd" ......ok maybe

So in conclusion if I read you right you totally agree and might give it a try next month, just to see how it goes?..... I'm just messin with you Liz .....hey you and the whole staff are doin a fantastic job BTW keep up the good work.
Even with this glaring flaw...... "Just kidding"...... 67-72 forum rocks and is the best truck forum on the web hands down. If I didn't love you guy's would I advertise for you for free...Check pics

Hey Liz while I got you on the line last time I sent you a PM you never wrote back what's the deal? I thought we were friends? Anyway I have a question about membership payments that I'll send to your (inbox) today. thanks

Outta this thread forever, last one I promise ........unless of course if someone else posts then I'm all in ...............blah blah blah
Attached Images

Closed Thread