The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
c10 custom

where to buy body panels

hi everybody i own a 1968 chev truck and wondering where is the best place to buy a hood,grille assembly,steel box floor,front box panel just behind cab
and front fenders when i mean where to but i mean the best fit panels for the truck thank you for your replys
c10 custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: where to buy body panels

Of course you know that most of the panels are made only by a couple of places, so the difference is gonna be in the area near you ,shipping customer service and whom you like the best. There are some great dealers on this board while I have not bought from him yet I here Wes is a great guy out west so he is kinda close to you he is a big supporter on here and loves these old truck and knows them in and out. I think he is in the North west like WA or some where up there like I said I have met him or bought form him just his rep as a stand up great truck guy. There or others on here that support the board, may be some close to you but right of hand I can't think of any. Look in the links page in the side of the site that has been set up and get some of the people to tell you about their panels, some will fit pretty good some are gonna take work some are gonna need lots of help. A lot of this is gonna depend on your level of experiance in bodywork. Hope that helps, Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
Emmick68

I know this thread was from a couple years ago, but maybe someone else stumbling over this might get some use out of my comment!
Tuckers sold me repopped sheet metal from a manufacturer called Dynacorn. They seem to fit pretty well and have the same thickness as the original, at least the body man didn't have any complaints with them! sometimes you can catch them on sale on their website.
www.tuckersparts.com
Hope this helps!
Old 11-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
Andyking1203

I bought my first round of body panels from lmc, the inner cowl and firewall fit well. And if you order over 1k in parts you get free shipping.
Andyking1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #5
Supersoaker

I been getting mine from https://www.topbananaparts.com/
Supersoaker is offline   Reply With Quote