The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
rrenner

Looking for some advice

Here's the sad story. Bought a 58 stepside on ebay about 4 years ago. No drive line, mostly rust. Picked it up in South Carolina (I live in Georgia). I got a title and a bill of sale. Been bringing it back to life, fixing rust, put in sbc. Doing stuff as I could afford it. Knew I had to transfer title but put it off and time sorta slips by... Now I'm finding out the truck was a "salvage parts only" Georgia tag folks are telling me I can't register this vehicle. My question to you guys is if I have any options? I know my brother once had a t-bucket titled as a 21 ford model T. He bought it from a guy that had built it from scratch (kit), not a model T part to be found. Anybody know of a way to get a vin for one of these old trucks? How much of the vehicle has to be newer parts to be considered a one off or custom.. Any thoughts will be appreciated.