The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
laid67c10

Have 2 drop members Scott's hot rod and porterbuilt

Ok so I picked up a new project and it has a Scott's hot rod installed with a manual rack and wilwood brakes, and their a arms of course, but I have a porterbuilt dropmember and michigan metal arms as well that narrow the track with and move the wheel ahead 1" as well, I'm familiar with the porterbuilt and know it narrows the track width too, but I'm not all to familiar with Scott's, but looks to be a very nice piece, does it narrow track width and move it ahead as well? I don't know which one I want to use any suggestions and why one over the other? Will the spindles and rotors and brakes swap over to the michigan arms? I have drop spindles for 73-87 also for the Michigan metal arms. From what I was told the rear is a bag on bar from porterbuilt and the truck also has the porterbuilt body drop kit also, it doesn't quite seem to lay completely with the Scott's in the front still looks like it's a 1/2 or so from the front of the pinch, wonder if I put the porterbuilt in there if it would lay out all the way? I'll be running a 6.0 LS set up in this also and have the motor mounts for both pieces to do so......,
Hers the truck, I'm not using the body i should have a clean and rust free 67 big window fleet body that will replace this.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
dec010974

Re: Have 2 drop members Scott's hot rod and porterbuilt

Don't worry about what it has laid67c10. I'll trade you in a heart beat. I like the it sits from the pics. Go ahead and buy the porterbuilt stuff. Send me all that junk. I'll take it.
dec010974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
laid67c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
Don't worry about what it has laid67c10. I'll trade you in a heart beat. I like the it sits from the pics. Go ahead and buy the porterbuilt stuff. Send me all that junk. I'll take it.
Lol I have both the Scott's is installed but coming out for powdercoat and I have the porterbuilt sitting in the garage
Old 10-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #4
laid67c10

Front set up

Rear set up

Old 10-03-2014, 10:22 AM   #5
PBFAB.COM

That's a Sucide Doors, Thorbros, Thorbeck Brothers, or Quality Air Ride rear suspension. It isn't one of our kits.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
laid67c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM View Post
That's a Sucide Doors, Thorbros, Thorbeck Brothers, or Quality Air Ride rear suspension. It isn't one of our kits.

Nate
I kinda felt like it wasn't one of your kits! I thought most every thing you do to lay one out uses sleeve bags! As far as it laying the pinch I do believe it's not laying in the front because the weight of the motor is not in it! It does have some PB parts on the truck some of the braces I think and definatly the bolt on Bodydrop and hood hinges are PB! Now I just gotta figure out which drop member I wanna keep and get it to powdercoat!
Any body have any feedback mainly on the Scott's, I know most everybody runs and loves the PB but if I run that I'll have to buy brakes and rotors cause the mustang II ain't gonna fit I'm sure. Wonder if the rack & pinion would transfer over?
Old 10-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #7
andrewmp6

As far as which scotts ifs you have i would talk to them they can id it better any of us.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #8
low69chevy

Post Re: Have 2 drop members Scott's hot rod and porterbuilt

If you do buy the porterbuilt dropmember let me know how much you want for the front crossmembers and arms that way you could use the wilwood brakes etc for yourself. Nice project by the way
low69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #9
laid67c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by low69chevy View Post
If you do buy the porterbuilt dropmember let me know how much you want for the front crossmembers and arms that way you could use the wilwood brakes etc for yourself. Nice project by the way
I have both Already! Just trying to decide which one I want to put in the truck, gonna have parts powdercoated!
Old 10-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #10
low69chevy

Post Re: Have 2 drop members Scott's hot rod and porterbuilt

Okay I miss understood Lmk Iif you want to sell either or I'm going to run qa1 coilovers on mine but a friend of mine should be able to make this work
low69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laid67c10 View Post
I kinda felt like it wasn't one of your kits! I thought most every thing you do to lay one out uses sleeve bags! As far as it laying the pinch I do believe it's not laying in the front because the weight of the motor is not in it! It does have some PB parts on the truck some of the braces I think and definatly the bolt on Bodydrop and hood hinges are PB! Now I just gotta figure out which drop member I wanna keep and get it to powdercoat!
Any body have any feedback mainly on the Scott's, I know most everybody runs and loves the PB but if I run that I'll have to buy brakes and rotors cause the mustang II ain't gonna fit I'm sure. Wonder if the rack & pinion would transfer over?
You should get in touch with Mike Losh. He has run the Scott's kit and has run our kit. He might be a good source as far as feedback on the pros and cons of each.

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #12
laid67c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM View Post
You should get in touch with Mike Losh. He has run the Scott's kit and has run our kit. He might be a good source as far as feedback on the pros and cons of each.

Nate
Thanks Nate! I'll hit him up on FB!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #13
Zackarymc

Im interested in your scotts set up if you plan to go to pb. Ive researched both and would honestly go with the p built because it uses a truck spindle. It looks in your pics that you have a Mustang two set up that scotts sells. I just cant afford the p built and the scotts would be a good middle of the road set up while i save for PB.
Zackarymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #14
laid67c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackarymc View Post
Im interested in your scotts set up if you plan to go to pb. Ive researched both and would honestly go with the p built because it uses a truck spindle. It looks in your pics that you have a Mustang two set up that scotts sells. I just cant afford the p built and the scotts would be a good middle of the road set up while i save for PB.
I'll sell it complete hub to hub with the wilwood brakes and manual rack for $2100, I'm sending my PB stuff to powdercoat this week
Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #15
laid67c10

Oh and it has both sbc and ls motor mounts, plus shocks not in the pic aswell
Old 10-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #16
Zackarymc

Hey sorry we are way apart on price... im only about 2k to get into a PB cause i have brakes and arms already. Just a caution the bolt circle on the scotts may be a 5 on 4.75.... your billets smoothies may not bolt up to your pb
Old 10-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #17
laid67c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackarymc View Post
Hey sorry we are way apart on price... im only about 2k to get into a PB cause i have brakes and arms already. Just a caution the bolt circle on the scotts may be a 5 on 4.75.... your billets smoothies may not bolt up to your pb
No worries I'm putting new billets on, narrowing the rear and new axles on the back as well. I got a guy locally that wants the Scott's, as is it costs $3400 from Scott's. So I figure $2100 is a fair deal
Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #18
Zackarymc

Its all good, let me know if your local guy backs out..... im at 1600 cash and ill drive up there.. ya dont have to meet me 1/2 way or anything. As i said were not close on price and im not saying your price isnt fair just figured ide throw it out there JIC.