The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
rs74

C60 cab same as C10 cab?

My inlaws have a 62 C60 that they are thinking about scrapping out. I am thinking about telling them that I want the can off of it. I have not just looked it over yet but I am sure the floors are in decent shape. They have always kept it under a leanto. Are these cabs the same as the C10's?

The doors are rusted at the bottoms but the regulators and inside panels, handles and such are still in good shape. I think I am just going to see about putting it back in the corner of one of my buildings. You never know when you might need an extra cab. The hood might be salvageable but it had a small dent on the front passenger corner. Are there any differences in these cabs?
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
nater

Re: C60 cab same as C10 cab?

from what i have learned doing my project and a resent purches of a c60 myself the cab are the same except for the c60 has a complet flat center hump then the c10 either had a low hump or a high hump in them but not completly flat. but good find
nater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Yes the cabs are basically the same, with the exception mentioned by nater. The C60 floor is completely flat across. There is also an extra brace on the lower firewall/floor from side to side. If it is an LCF cab it will have small humps for the wheelwells, and a shorter hood.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #4
rs74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Yes the cabs are basically the same, with the exception mentioned by nater. The C60 floor is completely flat across. There is also an extra brace on the lower firewall/floor from side to side. If it is an LCF cab it will have small humps for the wheelwells, and a shorter hood.
The hood looks just like the one on a pickup so I don't think it is the LCF. Not a short nose. So with the flat hump, is that something that can be cut out and bolt in a low/high hump or would there be more work involved? I don't want to go through all the work to keep it as a spare cab for nothing if I can't use it down the road. I can always gut the cab if need be for extra parts.
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I'm not sure just how much work it would be to put a C10-30 high hump in there. I don't think it would be toobad. I have a parts cab that appears to have originally been a C40-60 cab, and it had the high hump in it and was on a '61 K10. If that C60 cab is in good condition, it is worth keeping regardless......IMO.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote