The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2002, 01:30 PM   #1
chevjayfsd
Project 7dos

>>>>>purs<<<<<<

I never knew there was someone who lived in Abilene in here like I do....Have you ever seen my Red 72 SWB???Just finished it about 6 months ago...Post pics of your truck.. Maybe i will recognize it...We need to start a truck club here in ABilene....
Thanks
Jason
Attached Images

20x8.5/20x10

Ride Low or Die
PSSST - Yes it's bagged.

7dos build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=610290
chevjayfsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 09:17 PM   #2
race-n-jason
-Praise the Lowered-

Hey Jason,

I was raised in Abilene. Live in Garland now. I originally bought my truck when I was still living there. That was 11 almost 12 years ago. The truck club is a great idea (except that I don't live there anymore).

Your truck is looking really sharp.

Here's mine. Still have a long way to go. But I'll keep chippin' away at it.......

Jason (also)
Attached Images

race-n-jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 10:43 PM   #3
low 84

My unlce lives there. He owns a shop called Rick's Custom Shop. been doing custom paint and body for 30+ years. i live up in dallas though. he has done work on these years trucks. i know he flamed one a coule years ago that was wild. flames are kinda his specialty.

here is his personal truck that he just painted. you might see him crusing around town. certainly can't miss the truck.

if you want a cool paint job, he does awsome work. just look at the pics. hehe

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 10:49 AM   #4
Purs
Got Big Block?

Sorry it took so long to get back, I've been on a hunting trip at "Black Gap" down around Big Bend National Park.

I don't think I've seen your truck around, it's nice though. I keep going back and forth on what color to paint mine. When I see one like yours I want to paint it red, then I see one like "Teeitup's" or "Sigurd's" and I want to paint it white.... Maybe I'll paint it Red/White:p maybe something like this pic I attached.

my good pics of my truck are on another computer so I'll post a few later.
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2002, 12:28 PM   #5
guitarman
Do it well or don't do it

I was hitch-hiking home in 1962 from CA to GA on leave for Christmas and got stuck in Abilene. I stood on the edge of town for 10 hours with my thumb out, no one would make eye contact much less stop and give me a ride and it's was butt a$$ cold and misting rain and sleet. I was in uniform too. Had to call home to get bus fare wired from parents that didn't really have it to give at the time. I spent the night at the police station because I couldn't afford a room. Many thanks to the officer that offered a place to spend the night out of the cold.

What's up with Abilene? I thought like the song says "friendlliest people I've ever seen" Was there a serial murderer dressed in uniform running around at that time? I guess it was a freak thing but it wasn't much fun and definitely left a bad taste in my mouth for Abilene.

Excellent paint and body site:

http://www.autobody101.com/

Visit my Web Site

http://home.attbi.com/~agfosteriii
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 12:59 PM   #6
Purs
Got Big Block?

Thumbs up

It's understandable that you got a bad taste in your mouth about a night in the cold. Can't really speak for people here in 1962 as I wasn't born for another 7 years. I was born and raised in this area but I've traveled extensively all the way from New York to LA and have found Abilene and the surrounding area to be as friendly, courteous, and helpful as anywhere in the Country.

Keep on truckin'