The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #26
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

I have not installed a set of these 1 pc windows....so I guess i should keep my comments to my self ) I did work in auto glass for several yrs, & what I see goes against the grain. The windows (due to space limitations in the doors), dont follow the same angle on the tracking all the way up/down. to keep that small triangle in the front corner, it appears that there is no choice. my situation is a little different, as the a pillars are laid back & in,& the b pillars are also laid in (3 3/4" chop). This tilts the tracking some what & allows more room in the front part of the door, to keep the front track & rear track @ same angles, & still have a fairly small triangle. i plan a set of sport mirrors to cover the corner, like a lot of the later trucks/cars have. too many other thing going right now, but i plan to have the glass done sometime this summer. no factory kit will fit mine, so it will be all "live & learn" as always! crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:46 PM   #27
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocwon
Very familiar partner. I too purchased a set from Brothers (as i mentioned in my first post in the thread), installed them in my doors and they operated fine. I have removed them until I finish restoring the truck and paint it at which point I will reinstall them.
As much as you've badmouthed the skill level of us "backyarders" like that 2-bit hack crazy longhorn and others, maybe we should call you for professional installation when we get ready. I figured there'd be SOMEBODY on this board who knew this much about these "engineered" kits... and now I know who it is.

Thanks.

* BTW, crazy longhorn can handle just about any bracket building on the planet... especially cutting and drilling some flat aluminum and running some machine screws into it. And if he were closer to my location, I'd be in his shop every chance I got to try and learn something new from him. There are plenty of others on this board capable of just about any task thrown at them... including installing one piece windows.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:28 PM   #28
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

I dont take offense when referred to as a "backyarder"! I have no schooling on fab work, a little on bodyshop basics(high school), & some welding classes after high school. there are many guys in the same place......we just love the sport, & strive to build something different(because its fun!) i have seen so many very sharp "tricks" from the guys on this board. "Engineered", i think is sometimes a loosley used term.....yes, somebody had to design, or engineer this or that kit, as the factory engineers designed the truck to start with. many of us "backyarders" have re-engineered many things on thes old trucks (it called "hotrodding" ) i dont need to consider myself an engineer.......just call me an "old backyard buck" that likes to play crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:25 AM   #29
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

As much as you've badmouthed the skill level of us "backyarders" like that 2-bit hack crazy longhorn and others, maybe we should call you for professional installation when we get ready. I figured there'd be SOMEBODY on this board who knew this much about these "engineered" kits... and now I know who it is.

XXL.

I wasn't condemning, attacking or impugning anyone's creative abilities or talents. Rather, I was simply stating these kits have taken Brother's an extreme amount of time and effort to develop. I put myself in the backyard/shade tree/trial and error/do it twice individual with no formal training. I would be more than happy to relay the installation issues I encountered when installing these window kits.
In the future, I will certainly make sure not to reply to any of your posts since you seem to take them so personally.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:46 AM   #30
67chev

Exclamation Interested??

Gents,

I found a guy who sells these kits for $399, but he swears he will beat the competition just to get our business. I am going to let him know that he would have several potential buyers if he is willing to lower the price a little. I am just curious how many of you guys would be interested if I can get him to lower the price to $350 or maybe even $325...I think if we get some people committed to buying from him, he would be willing to lower the price for us. I am not going to hit him up to lower the price unless some of you are willing to consider the buy. Please let me know so I can talk with him. Might be better to pm me than for me to follow this thread and try to keep up. Thanks, and I hope to be hearing from you!!! I am holding out to buy mine until I see if we have enuf interest...otherwise I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay the $399!!! OUCH!!!
67chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #31
dubie

"we just love the sport, & strive to build something different(because its fun!) "

Isn't his what it's all about?? I have no prior experience in welding, body work, painting, or engine building, but that didn't stop me from tearing into my 72. This is all a learning experience and we learn off each other. Crazy Longhorn has helped me out on many things seeing how have both placed our small blocks in the rear location. But I have also learned a lot off of purists such as CPNE. Everyone one on this board has something to offer up that will help each other along with their projects. That's the main reason I've been here for 4 years

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:18 AM   #32
Javy
Account Suspended

Hello Mocwon,
I bought a 1 pc window kit about 2 years ago before the dash bezel situation.
Sounds like you successfully installed them.After 2 years I don't think I could go to
Brothers for help if I need it.Can I count on you if I need help?
Thanks,
Javy
Javy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #33
John @ BROTHERS

Javy & all message board members,
I have been monitoring this thread since it was posted. I did not respond earlier because I wanted to get some customer feedback regarding the kit and let them explain their experiences. These kits are "engineered" units and did take countless hours to design to work properly. I believe Wes @ Classic Heartbeat has described the kit and fitment the best. If anyone has any questions regarding the installation of this kit or any other of our products regardless of the timeframe, feel free to contact us at (800) 977-2767 or me directly at "john@brotherstrucks.com". Also, we have the instructions available to all in our "Tech Articles" section of www.brotherstrucks.com.
John @ BROTHERS is offline   Reply With Quote