The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board > Blazer and Suburban Stuff

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
leakyfawcett

1971 Suburban project parting out or whole

I have a 1971 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4. I keep waffling on whether I want to keep it and finish it, or just sell it and empty out my garage. Every time I decide to keep it, it just sits there, with no work being done on it. So... I've decided once and for all to sell it. I'd sell the whole thing, or part it out. I really need to sell the frame/body first, so I can get some garage space back, so I'm entertaining offers on that piece in particular.

Here's what I've got:

* 1971 Suburban 3/4 ton frame and body. Some rust work has been done, but it has more still. There is a brand new LMC steel gas tank installed on the frame.

*6.2 Chevy diesel engine and 700r4 transmission and transfer case from a 1989 Blazer. Runs really strong and is complete from radiator fan to transfer case

* 3/4 ton axles from a mid-80's Chevy truck. Rear is 14-bolt semi floater, front is a 10-bolt. Rear has new spider and side gears, fresh coat of Por-15, and all new brake hydraulics, drums, hardware, brake cables, etc.

* BRAND NEW Cragar 8-lug black steel wheels with Goodyear Wrangler all terrain tires mounted on them. Tires are 32" - 33" metric equivalent. 0 miles on them. They're mounted to the axles now, just so I could roll the axles around.

* Complete front clip from a '67 Chevy truck. Not in perfect condition, but workable. I was going to put this on instead of the '71 clip, which I also still have.

* Front bench seat from 2002 Chevy pickup. Middle jump seat. Near perfect condition... these have the integrated shoulder/seat belts.

* Complete seat set from 2001 Chevy crew cab pickup (in addition to the bench listed above). This is the nicer charcoal velour fabric, with folding center jump seat/console. Rear seats have built in arm rest and they flip/fold. Also near perfect condition.

* Lots of new sheet metal, including both rear wheel arches, rockers, lower quarters, right rear tail light panel, driver's door skin, and a handful of other odds and ends.

Lots of other miscellaneous parts. I'm not that interested in spending forever parting it all out... Most of the loose parts are in storage here in St. Peters. The engine/tranny/transfer case are complete, in my garage at home. The body/frame is also in my garage at home.

I am not interested in giving this away. I have a lot of money invested in collecting these parts, and a lot of time invested in doing the rust repairs that have been done, and tearing it down to this point. That said, make me a *reasonable* offer on any of it, or all of it. I need my garage back before my wife makes me start sleeping in the back of this old Suburban.

I'm in St. Louis, and I prefer not to get into shipping this stuff, but I'm willing to work with someone that want to pick up big parts.

See some photos here on my CL post: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2559838798.html
www.1971chevysuburban.com
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
curly joe

Re: 1971 Suburban project parting out or whole

interested in the lower quarters and wheel arches, how much and would you ship to 48178. thanks curly.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Dchtlh

Interested in the 72 grill if its in good shape shipped to 76088....thanks dchtlh
Old 08-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
leddzepp

if you are parting this out, you need to list prices asap per forum rules.

if you are selling this whole, it needs to be listed in the "trucks for sale" section.

thank you!
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
Closed Thread