The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #1
Boog
laying low

Transfer on death deed

Larry Davis mentioned this just last week with his mom's recent passing and raised my curiosity.
My mom passed away this past saturday. After dad's passing 2 years ago mom worked real hard at getting all her affairs "in order" so we 3 kids wouldn't be burdened with having to deal with any of it. She sold dad's 40 ford project and later I sold her Caddy last year leaving her with just the pickup and home. Mom has labeled a lot of things with family member's names to whom she wanted to leave certain things. She had me already take a few tools and such of dad's to be sure I got them. A couple of days before she passed she could no longer speak so she wrote me a note reminding me to be sure to get that WW2 military issued hatchet.
My sisters have agreed with me to hold off getting together for a couple of weeks to go over mom's things. I don't want her house disturbed just yet. Though mom was very aware of how the probate works and had first hand experience with it I am not sure she knew about this "transfer on death" deed. I'm not sure she even has a written will though she knew the importance of it. In my family it's considered personal business and we don't ask each other about such things. Mom was very sharp minded right to the end. She is an Angel in my eyes.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote