The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
clemsonteg

Shocks and track bar for bags

I have gathered the parts to bag the rear of my 70 c10 truck. Right now it's a set of porterbuilt cups and 2600 bags. I don't have plans to install a c-notch now, but that may change in the future.

Right now I am thinking about the no limit shock relocation brackets and I am looking for recommendations for a rear shock. Total travel will probably be from factory ride height to the axle resting on the frame (assuming the bags allow for that much travel). Would the standard 344055 kyb gr2 drop shocks work, or is something else needed?

I am also curious if a track bar is needed at this time? As mentioned before, the right height isn't really changing for now, only the ability to air out at a stop.
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
NEWFISHER

Re: Shocks and track bar for bags

Compressed the bags are 3". Extended they should be around 8.5 with a ride height of 5.5. Where are you placing them? If you run blocks at the rear a d spacers up at the arms the tube may not touch the frame. Yes you will need a longer track bar or when aired out the wheel will crash into the inner fender. The No Limit relocators are nice and Rob can help with the shock length for your set up when you order the relocators.
Grab lunch , a blanket and a tape measure. Spend some time underneath the rear ane with a floor jack. Raise and lower the suspension. Once you can visualize whats going on and where, it will make sense. I spent longer times under the rig looking than I did cutting and welding.

Last edited by NEWFISHER; 11-01-2014 at 01:23 PM.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
clemsonteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
Compressed the bags are 3". Extended they should be around 8.5 with a ride height of 5.5. Where are you placing them? If you run blocks at the rear a d spacers up at the arms the tube may not touch the frame. Yes you will need a longer track bar or when aired out the wheel will crash into the inner fender. The No Limit relocators are nice and Rob can help with the shock length for your set up when you order the relocators.
Grab lunch , a blanket and a tape measure. Spend some time underneath the rear ane with a floor jack. Raise and lower the suspension. Once you can visualize whats going on and where, it will make sense. I spent longer times under the rig looking than I did cutting and welding.
Thanks. I may talk with No Limit directly to see what they suggest.

I think I understand the reasoning for having a longer track bar when lowered, but wouldn't having a longer track bar at factory ride height have the same effect in the opposite direction?
Old 11-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
I have gathered the parts to bag the rear of my 70 c10 truck. Right now it's a set of porterbuilt cups and 2600 bags. I don't have plans to install a c-notch now, but that may change in the future.

Right now I am thinking about the no limit shock relocation brackets and I am looking for recommendations for a rear shock. Total travel will probably be from factory ride height to the axle resting on the frame (assuming the bags allow for that much travel). Would the standard 344055 kyb gr2 drop shocks work, or is something else needed?

I am also curious if a track bar is needed at this time? As mentioned before, the right height isn't really changing for now, only the ability to air out at a stop.
We have a trac bar and shock relocation kit that is designed to work with the bags and cups you already have. Feel free to email us with any questions.

sales@pbfab.com

Nate

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
clemsonteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM View Post
We have a trac bar and shock relocation kit that is designed to work with the bags and cups you already have. Feel free to email us with any questions.

sales@pbfab.com

Nate
Thanks Nate. Your track bar is definitely at the top of my list. Unfortunately envy thing on my list cost money so I'm trying to figure out which parts I need to get started and which parts I can delay until I replenish my funds!
Old 11-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
Thanks Nate. Your track bar is definitely at the top of my list. Unfortunately envy thing on my list cost money so I'm trying to figure out which parts I need to get started and which parts I can delay until I replenish my funds!
We understand 100% and are also happy work with helping you maximize your budget and make a plan to where the end goal is in mind. Purchasing in stages is a good way to go.... just want to make sure a solid plan is in place to where you spend the money in the right order so nothing is wasted.

Nate

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson
CPP

Supporting this forum since 2003!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
clemsonteg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM View Post
We understand 100% and are also happy work with helping you maximize your budget and make a plan to where the end goal is in mind. Purchasing in stages is a good way to go.... just want to make sure a solid plan is in place to where you spend the money in the right order so nothing is wasted.

Nate
I appreciate that. Can you comment if your track bar will fit in a stage 1 rear application at ride height (which I understand to be approximately the same as factory).
Old 11-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #8
PBFAB.COM

Quote:
I appreciate that. Can you comment if your track bar will fit in a stage 1 rear application at ride height (which I understand to be approximately the same as factory).
It will fit just fine. There is some adjustability built into the bar to allow it to be dialed in just right.

Nate

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson