The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
truckn'

found truck at junk yard

Tell me guys I found a 66 lwb at a friends yard and I want to buy the inner fenders, possibly the doors(pending how much rust is at bottom), side glass and possibly the windshield. how much do you think I should pay for this stuff? would be helpful to know before I go. This guy is my friend but he ain't in the business to give stuff away lol.
truckn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Re: found truck at junk yard

truckn:

If you have the dough and the space, try to buy the whole truck. Pull the parts you need and sell the ones you don't, to recoup your initial cash outlay.

A good set of rust-free doors and inner fenders are rather hard to find, so they are getting a bit pricey. In the spirit of negotiation, try to determine how motivated he is to sell and let this set the tone for what you offer.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
truckn'

thanks Tony gonna talk to him to see what he is wanting for the truck.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:00 AM   #4
truckn'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRED66 View Post
truckn:

If you have the dough and the space, try to buy the whole truck. Pull the parts you need and sell the ones you don't, to recoup your initial cash outlay.

A good set of rust-free doors and inner fenders are rather hard to find, so they are getting a bit pricey. In the spirit of negotiation, try to determine how motivated he is to sell and let this set the tone for what you offer.
Tony I talked to the guy he said he would have to have 550.00 for the truck, other than what I want off of it don't know if the rest of it is any good, do you think I can recoup the money off the leftovers? I value your opinion
Old 03-14-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
LILRED66
Account Suspended

Typically if there is rust on the truck, most of the parts will have rust in the typical places. If the inner fenders and doors are rust-free the other sheet metal will likely be rest-free.

Without seeing the truck, it is hard to say what the other parts are worth, but a good windshield, bench seat, Custom steering wheel, factory AM radio, radiator support, grille support, chrome bumpers, factory anodized aluminum grille, underbed spare tire holder, factory jack assembly, Custom Cab sails, chrome windshield trim, body side molding, big back glass, V8 radiator shroud, factory automatic transmission and crossmember are all good salvagable parts and selling these parts will help you recoup your initial investment.

Last edited by LILRED66; 03-14-2008 at 02:50 AM.
LILRED66 is offline   Reply With Quote