The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2018, 01:57 PM   #301
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I remember when our Sambos became Bakers Square. The building has been multiple restaurants since. Nothing seems to survive long.

The Sambos closest to me back in Oregon was in Longview Wasington judst across the Columbia River and like you said it too closed down some 30 years ago. and I just read that Toppers who the name was changed to is now closed down also..

Next time I visit my son who is about 30 miles from Santa Barbara ,,I am going to check it out and see if it is the same as they were 30 years ago..

If you have a Black Bear restaurant ,,they are really good ..I stopped at one my side of Sacremento and ate there ,,and now I find we have one here in Boise .

Last edited by GOPAPA; 01-06-2018 at 02:51 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #302
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
The Sambos closest to me back in Oregon was in Longview Wasington judst across the Columbia River and like you said it too closed down some 30 years ago. and I just read that Toppers who the name was changed to is now closed down also..

Next time I visit my son who is about 30 miles from Santa Barbara ,,I am going to check it out and see if it is the same as they were 30 years ago..

If you have a Black Bear restaurant ,,they are really good ..I stopped at one my side of Sacremento and ate there ,,and now I find we have one here in Bosie .
We have a few Black Bears around us. I agree that they're good.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #303
special-K
Special Order

When they closed all but the original Sambo's they sold some locations off to Denny's (that's what happened around here), renamed some. Baker's Square was the parent company at that time so some got that name.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #304
Killer Bee

beautiful morning skeetin n trapn at prado

Old 01-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #305
Jeffh

Quote:
Here's some Face truck drama
Wednesday morning trailer hooked up on my way to pickup a '62 C30. 15 miles down the road my gallbladder shot craps. Did a u turn dropped off the trailer at home and headed to the people garage where they proceeded to pull it. Now I'm sitting here trying to stuff down a spoon full of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. No appetite at all, sore tummy, dizzy light headed from not eating hardly anything and worst of all I still have a '62 C30 out there that needs picking up in the now single digit weather.
Update!!

After some recliner time I decided it was time to make another attempt at bringing the C30 home. Bear in mind I bought it on one of those online farmer equipment auctions never seeing it in person but hey didn't spend much.
Hooked up the trailer, made sure the winch battery was charged and off I went this AM with the pushing 80 stepdad riding shotgun as the wife bailed to go see her Mom in Fort Dodge.
About 9 degrees but bundled up and have all day so shouldn't have any problems.
Turns out instead of a 2 hour trip it was a 2 1/2 hour trip to where it was. No probs, have all day.
Finally got there and backed up to it. Of course it was twice as rough as I was anticipating. Where he said it would run on the phone it was now it will run but there is no battery, knocks like crazy and the throttle takes off over revving. Pretty much all the stuff that I thought I might be able to use on my project '60 short fleetside is worse than I already have. Whatever, it was already paid for, no way to wiggle out lets load it and get it home.
Reeled out the 10K Warn winch mounted on the front of the trailer hooked it to the battery, pushed the button and "click" nothing else. Bear in mind I have never had any problems at all with my winch but after today I can no longer say that. Tryed some on the spot tinkering to no avail.
What to do? Well I have an old Chinese comealong in the back of the truck, not going to go home without getting it loaded and besides the Doc says I have a full 20 pound weight restriction might as well see if he really means it.
Rachet rachet rachet rachet rachet rachet little by little the old truck comes up the ramp. Then what, the comealong breaks. Tryed some on the spot tinkering with it but the seller came to the rescue with another old comealong I believe was bought from the same Chinaman. Rachet rachet rachet rachet rachet an hour later its on the trailer!!!
Tied it down and we are on the road back.
How much do these C30s weigh??? My 1/2 ton pickup was not liking it. Drove slow and easy all the way home and did go a different route somewhat out of the way to avoid the Omaha/Interstate 80 traffic.
None the less its now home. Probably pull some stuff off of it I can use and whatever else I can find that looks decent and scrap the rest. Going to think long and hard before do this again.....

and whatever happened to that hat???
Jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #306
special-K
Special Order

It showed up. It's no big deal. It's just a hat after all.

Hey, that may have been a bit of a blunder for you, but look at the sunny side. That gal bladder thing could have waited to happen on your white knuckle ride back home with it. Now that would have tripled your fun!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #307
Jeffh

Quote:
It showed up. It's no big deal. It's just a hat after all.
Seriously??
Its the most famous hat on all of Facetruck...
No vids of opening the package??
No pics of 1st wearing out on the town??
What a letdown...
Jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #308
harpo231

x2 letdown
harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:02 PM   #309
davischevy

Surely we can get pictures of the hat.

Of course we need pictures of the gall bladder truck too.

WE need pictures of those poor skeet being blasted to pieces.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #310
mongocanfly
Post Whore

just a hat?....really?

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #311
davischevy

I had a good day. I got all the lights working on my hugger orange truck, and visited a friend in rehab.

One of our coffee club members quit showing up a week ago. He has a daughter that lives 90 miles from here, and a son that doesn't live around here.

He fell between the bed and wall and couldn't get up. He laid there for two days, before he finally got to his phone.

He was in amazing shape today. The doctors don't know what happened to him, they said it wasn't a stroke.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:30 PM   #312
flashed

Im getting over the Flu so today was a better day than the last few .Im ready to see a pic of Tim's hat though .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #313
davischevy

Without pictures, no hat. WE need authentication.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:52 PM   #314
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Clearing a new driveway and Log cabin home site West of Knoxville after being late or early to meet the utilities guys I finally noticed that at the bottom of the driveway my cell phone showed central time and at the top of the driveway it shows eastern time This is MY version of living in a gated neighborhood !
Classic..............
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #315
flashed

When did I become a Post Whore ? Just noticed that .
Old 01-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #316
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
When did I become a Post Whore ? Just noticed that .
Yeah, your eligible for counseling.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:57 PM   #317
davischevy

FaceTruck for Seniors
For those of our generation who simply do not, and cannot, comprehend why FaceTruck exists: I am trying to make friends outside of FaceTruck,* while applying the same principles.
Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I'm doing now, what I will be doing later and with whom, and where I'm going next. and ask them to follow me along and watch me be important.
Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, washing the car, driving around town, eating lunch, getting a haircut, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.
I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them and will be friends with them - - it all works just like FaceTruck…….only I do it face to face. Not on a little glass screen.
I already have four people following me*- a police officer, a private investigator and two psychiatrists

Old 01-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #318
flashed

And those whose hat is missing .
Old 01-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #319
harpo231

woohoo warm hat !!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1515296042
Attached Images

harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:58 PM   #320
Killer Bee

don't have any pictures of clay breaking but these were the tools I used today

bought them while deployed to Antalya Turkey, they point very well and get the job done nicely

I was actually in the gun shop having tea when the courier delivered the o/u on his bicycle

Old 01-07-2018, 12:01 AM   #321
davischevy

Nice hardware.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #322
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Nice, very nice....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:24 AM   #323
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Them are almost to purty to use,, but then again they are not ,, must catch everones eye when out shooting skeet,
Old 01-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #324
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
FaceTruck for Seniors
For those of our generation who simply do not, and cannot, comprehend why FaceTruck exists: I am trying to make friends ou...............................Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, washing the car, driving around town, eating lunch, getting a hair...............

...I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them and will be friends with them - - it all works just like FaceTruck…….only I do it face to face. Not on a little glass screen.
Face to face??? What a great new concept. Very clever how you incorporated the "face" from facetruck and all! This could prove to be a great way for people to interact. But, what should I do with all my devices?

Tim

Old 01-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #325
special-K
Special Order

Ok, I can't take all the drama, so I'll share all my pictures. I was just trying to protect my hat what with the way TB shares with who knows who and what all. I actually made an album.

First I will show a close shot to better show the color and the knit
Name:  IMG_2777.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  45.3 KB

Next is this shot with gloves. This is on top of the bookshelf between living room and parlor
Name:  IMG_2772.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  47.2 KB

Third shot now showing tops of felt pack boots and some rug
Name:  IMG_2768.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  50.6 KB

I thought I'd break it up with an outside shot of it hanging on a thing
Name:  IMG_2773.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  35.9 KB

Now, back to the bookshelf we have a close-up of hat with gloves showing the planer marks I left in the top (oops)
Name:  IMG_2771.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  58.9 KB

Tim