The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2022, 02:11 PM   #1
BOXER957

55 parts and pieces to 55 1/2 ton 4x4 woohoo let the fun begin

Sometimes...usually not the perfect time but it is what it is, life just throws you a curve ball. This is the 1st time for me that it's all in the right direction...not the best time but...you'll understand. So, I have a 66 custom deluxe that I was going to convert to 4x4...life got in the way and 3 surguries later I can't fit the 66 so I'm just gonna throw in a th 350 and call it done...So I have ALL the driveline from a 76 Blazer that I was going to use...didn't know what to do with it all...While picking up a hood for my 66, the only part left to finish that..I noticed a PERFECT 55 cab...now I know a few people so I made some calls. Fast forward ...in less than a week I went from what do I do with all these 4x4 parts to A perfect frame,cab,nose,doors and most of the bed all with a clean tag/title/vin I already have the 4x4 driveline...So a bit long winded but that's the gist of it. I built a 58 4x4 a few years back and someone ponied up the "It's not for sale" price and I've regretted it ever since...I'll throw some pics up soon ,..I am disabled and work alone so it's not going to be a fast build but you're welcome to follow along....I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way so anybody that's done this PLEASE talk to me..give me some pointers..keep me motivated and heading in the right direction
Old 08-21-2022, 07:08 PM   #2
BOXER957

Re: 55 parts and pieces to 55 1/2 ton 4x4 woohoo let the fun begin

ok how do I get this build added to my profile and how do I upload images
Old 08-22-2022, 10:08 AM   #3
Rickysnickers

Hello. Here's a link on how to post your photos, https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=818026 . To add to your profile, you will need to click on your name in the upper right hand corner. Go to User Control Panel. From there click on Edit Signature. Once there, you should be able to add a link to your signature for this build. Presumably, it would be this thread we are in at this time.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:37 PM   #4
joedoh

pictures on a modern camera are well beyond what the website can accept. I usually resize my pictures to 800x600 before trying to upload or you will get a "missing token" error that has nothing to do with a token but has everything to do with the pictures being too big.

if you have a computer to uload your pictures to, both windows and mac picture apps have a resize option.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote