The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #1
nsb29

Re: Do they still make red oxide high build primer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
Thanks,
This is a build/project that even if I had no opinion of that brand, I could not use ,as that material was not used back then.
What they used in that era is what it will have.
I wonder if these guys would paint a 1 million dollar + Duesenberg , with the stuff they endorse . Knowing doing so will kill it's value no matter how good it looks.

This build is a what if, set in an era before all this slick sand, and poly/etc paint coatings.
I think you’re just looking for an argument you were looking for an alternative to red oxide primer and that’s what you got they don’t make red oxide primer anymore so no matter what you use your not going to be era Correct as you say
In the 70s if my memory serves me correctly lacquer was the most commonly used primer and it was available in red or black
Old 02-06-2021, 03:40 PM   #2
ChevyRacefan

Re: Do they still make red oxide high build primer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
I think you’re just looking for an argument you were looking for an alternative to red oxide primer and that’s what you got they don’t make red oxide primer anymore so no matter what you use your not going to be era Correct as you say
In the 70s if my memory serves me correctly lacquer was the most commonly used primer and it was available in red or black
Thanks for your reply.
Why you think I am just looking for an argument, because I stated in the first post ERA correct. and the fan bois product/brand does not fit that.
I have been around the motorsports in question for 50 years and know what was used and by who(teams, owners) back then, in the era this project will be built as.
I asked about one thing and only get replies about other products.
Poly based paint was not used, was not part of that era. PERIOD .
Thanks for your reply. I guess if I am looking for product that doesn't fit the SPI product line . I'm looking for an argument. your opinion.
Good day.
Closed Thread