The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
Aussie Ol' Blue

Location: Sassafras. Victoria. The beautiful Mount Dandenong Ranges
Steering Wheel spline count.

Greetings to you all from The land of Oz.

I am a newbie to this site as I am now the proud owner of a genuine 1970 left hooker c20. It's a recent arrival from Utah, I'm told, and is overall in good nick. As with anything this old, it has a few issues and I will be relying on your help, info and guidance, so .. thanks in advance.

My first query is what is the dimension of the shaft of the steering column and what is the spline count? I need a new steering boss for my steering wheel. I'm told it's 3/4 inch and 36 spline. whatever it is, does it share it's dimensions with any other make/model of American car / truck, like impala or caddy?

Cheers,

Chris.
Aussie Ol' Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Steering Wheel spline count.

Good day mate and welcome to this site, I know you will find a wealth of info here to help you out on your truck. The wheel on your truck is pretty much a standard thing all through the lines That GM carries. On top of that you can pretty much rest assured that say from 68 thru about 94 [unless it has a drivers side air bag] the wheel should fit. In fact there are tons of trucks in this very site that have pics in here with steering wheels off of trucks made from the model years of 88-94, as they really look good on these trucks. I hope this helps you out Chris and once again welcome. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote