The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #51
sboris

Re: Lambrecht Auction Purchase

Cool truck. More pics ASAP!
Posted via Mobile Device
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
sboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #52
Mayo
Cool Truck

Nice truck, that is one of my favorite colors and I love patina! Hopefully I'll see it around at some shows here in MD.

Looking for a patina'd 68 50th Anniversary longbed
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #53
70blackfish

pictures???
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #54
Tork?

Buying a truck like this and making to trip to get it makes for a great story to tell at the car shows.
Tork? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #55
jmader

I picked up one of my trucks this morning and took a look at yours while I was there. It really looks like a nice truck. Definitely one if the more solid trucks sold over the weekend. Btw not sure what your shipping arrangements are but we got 2-3 inches if rain across the state last night and that place is an absolute disaster! You're sitting in a fairly dry spot but the whole lot could stand a couple days to dry out.
Posted via Mobile Device
jmader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #56
68LambrechtC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmader View Post
I picked up one of my trucks this morning and took a look at yours while I was there. It really looks like a nice truck. Definitely one if the more solid trucks sold over the weekend. Btw not sure what your shipping arrangements are but we got 2-3 inches if rain across the state last night and that place is an absolute disaster! You're sitting in a fairly dry spot but the whole lot could stand a couple days to dry out.
Posted via Mobile Device
jmader: Thanks for taking a look at my truck and giving me an update. Nice to know that someone from here was other there and can confirm that info for me!! I heard about the rain. Saw it hit the area hard. Was worried about loading it up in the rain, mud, chaos. I'm flying into Omaha Friday (10/4) morning, buddy of mine is on an Amtrak train out of Detroit to meet me there. Picking up my Uhaul Truck and Trailer, hitting Harbor Freight for straps and come-a-longs and hoping to be there by 2 PM.
68LambrechtC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #57
Joesjunk

Good luck on your truck and the trip home! I was at the auction and it was something to see thats for sure!
I can only imagine how muddy it is there today.
72 3/4t 4x4 Custom deluxe
72 3/4t 4x4 Custom deluxe 91k original paint
72 Cheyenne/30 Dually
69 Camaro SS396 4-speed
13 GMC 2500HD Duramax I bought new
05 Jeep Wrangler "Willys Edition" 12k miles (I bought new)
85 3/4 ton 4x4 Scottsdale 33k miles original paint
86 1 ton 4x4 SRW Silverado 454 restored
80 1 ton 4x4 SRW Silverado 9,434 original miles!! original paint
95 GMC 1 ton dually 4x4 my dad bought new
95 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4, regular cab 454, 31k original miles
2002 2500HD 4x4 regular cab 6.0L 67k miles
2002 2500HD 4x4 regular cab 8.1L 28k miles
2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 regular cab Diesel 93k miles

67-72 Parts for sale
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #58
68LambrechtC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork? View Post
Buying a truck like this and making to trip to get it makes for a great story to tell at the car shows.
My boss (huge car and truck guy-bid on a lot but didn't win) has been telling the story of my purchase since Saturday. I've driven in 2 Power Tours (65 Skylark, 08 Trailblazer SS) and am 2 years into a 65 Rambler Classic (406SBC, Ford 9inch,3:50 gears) I work a lot, am on the road a lot (drive 35k miles a year) and can't wait to dig into this C10 and share my build with you!!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #59
70cst

You bought it for all the right reasons

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #60
70Custom10Nut

Very nice. Clean it up a little bit and drive it.
70Custom10Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #61
ksshane

You may not need the stuff from Harbor Freight. Last time I used a car hauler from Uhaul it came with everything I needed. Even an electric wench. Was one of the nicest trailers I have ever used.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #62
onedayjake

Nice buy! My buddy went to bid on the green mid 70's Chevy right beside it and he told me it went for $20,000! It had only 4 miles on it he said.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #63
Jurassic-1

My friend and I went to the auction. He bought the orange 68. It is getting shipped to phoenix next week.
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #64
425HP409
425hp409

Yea.... another 68 saved. I like the color!!!
64 Bel Air Wagon, 400 Small Block
57 Bel Air all original 283 w/Factory Air
77 GMC Sprint, 454/425HP
67 Olds 442, all original
90 ZR1 Corvette
425HP409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #65
jott_06
Camaro Club

Looks like a nice start for a project. I didn't know about the auction until the day of when my inlaws neighbor told me that a friend of his flew out for the auction and it was the first time him and his wife had been away from eachother is something like 40 years...
jott_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #66
Jurassic-1

A one of a kind experience. The line up of 63 and 64 low mile trucks were definitely cool to see. Prices were up and down but I think it is what the buyer sees in it. It could be a historic purchase or just that right truck that determines the prices paid. I was glad to have made the trip.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #67
Low Elco

Cool story, can't wait for the pics!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #68
bodydropped68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Cool story, can't wait for the pics!
X2 have a safe trip
bodydropped68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #69
68LambrechtC10

Arrived in Pierce, NE at the field on Friday at about 3:15. About 100 cars still there.
Wind was brisk, field was muddy. There was a tractor trailer being loaded by a big tired high/low forklift that picked the cars right off the spots then onto flat beds.
We did a walk around of the truck with photos and video. We determined there was a lot of solid sheet metal there. Nice. The door handles were broke with the push buttons wedged in about 2 inches in the doors. Pulled on the passenger door and it opened. Found a newspaper from 1974 behind the seat. The odometer read 27,885. There was an Falstaff pull top beer can under the front seat and an empty pack of BelAir cigs.
Under the hood we found a 283 V8, pulled the dipstick and the oil was clean. Had minimal brake pressure, easy steering, no radiator. Lower cab under sill plates are rusted the bed sheet metal is totally intact.

It was a little surreal seeing all those cars randomly placed in the field. It looked a lot more like a junkyard than anything. Off in the distance was all kinds of mile high thunderheads which eventually turned into some tornados later in the day 25 miles north of us.
We took a quick tour around the field and took a ton of pics. Then we got to work getting the truck on the trailer.

Well about 2 1/2 hours into it with flat tires, mud and at 8 ton come along we has the front tires barely on the ramps and then a Nebraskan miracle happened. The guy with the forklift came by and asked if we needed help. While we waited for him a shower hit, then another miracle. A tire service truck was driving thru and we asked them for air. 'Sure, they said , $1 a tire good? I tipped him $10. These tires had cracks of dryrot so deep there was no way they would hold air. But they did. Then the forklift guy came by. I asked if if he was hired by Vanderbrink or if he was just out there to make some cash. He had been hired by the owner of the 7 cars on the tractor trailer, all going Houston. My friend Dave got in the C10 and steered while the forklift raised the back if the pick and pushed on the trailer in about 5 minutes. He had 2 small boys (5+6ish) on the running boards of the forklift, loving life hanging out with their dad. Got a great portrait if the three of them.
He wouldn't take more than a $20 bill for his efforts , said 'Welcome to Nebraska, boys!!!'

We lashed down the truck with 2 1/2 inch straps front and rear crisscrossed and headed to get a photo in front of Lambrecht Chevrolet at about 7:45.
We decided to spent the night in Norfolk and get an early start. We are now on Rt 20, 3 hours from Field of Dreams movie site in Iowa.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #70
Coley

Smile Re: Lambrecht Auction Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68LambrechtC10 View Post
Arrived in Pierce, NE at the field on Friday at about 3:15. About 100 cars still there.
Wind was brisk, field was muddy. There was a tractor trailer being loaded by a big tired high/low forklift that picked the cars right off the spots then onto flat beds.
We did a walk around of the truck with photos and video. We determined there was a lot of solid sheet metal there. Nice. The door handles were broke with the push buttons wedged in about 2 inches in the doors. Pulled on the passenger door and it opened. Found a newspaper from 1974 behind the seat. The odometer read 27,885. There was an Falstaff pull top beer can under the front seat and an empty pack of BelAir cigs.
Under the hood we found a 283 V8, pulled the dipstick and the oil was clean. Had minimal brake pressure, easy steering, no radiator. Lower cab under sill plates are rusted the bed sheet metal is totally intact.

It was a little surreal seeing all those cars randomly placed in the field. It looked a lot more like a junkyard than anything. Off in the distance was all kinds of mile high thunderheads which eventually turned into some tornados later in the day 25 miles north of us.
We took a quick tour around the field and took a ton of pics. Then we got to work getting the truck on the trailer.

Well about 2 1/2 hours into it with flat tires, mud and at 8 ton come along we has the front tires barely on the ramps and then a Nebraskan miracle happened. The guy with the forklift came by and asked if we needed help. While we waited for him a shower hit, then another miracle. A tire service truck was driving thru and we asked them for air. 'Sure, they said , $1 a tire good? I tipped him $10. These tires had cracks of dryrot so deep there was no way they would hold air. But they did. Then the forklift guy came by. I asked if if he was hired by Vanderbrink or if he was just out there to make some cash. He had been hired by the owner of the 7 cars on the tractor trailer, all going Houston. My friend Dave got in the C10 and steered while the forklift raised the back if the pick and pushed on the trailer in about 5 minutes. He had 2 small boys (5+6ish) on the running boards of the forklift, loving life hanging out with their dad. Got a great portrait if the three of them.
He wouldn't take more than a $20 bill for his efforts , said 'Welcome to Nebraska, boys!!!'

We lashed down the truck with 2 1/2 inch straps front and rear crisscrossed and headed to get a photo in front of Lambrecht Chevrolet at about 7:45.
We decided to spent the night in Norfolk and get an early start. We are now on Rt 20, 3 hours from Field of Dreams movie site in Iowa.
This is the kind of great story and adventure that makes for a great 'launch' of a project.
Looking forward to seeing some more pics and getting more in info on the truck.
Great job on getting it!! good price.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #71
bodydropped68

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68LambrechtC10 View Post

bodydropped68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #72
Low Elco

Right on! Safe travels!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #73
1972SUPERSB

Awesome story! I wish I could have seen this. Probably will never see anything like it again. Can't wait to see more pics!

1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 350, Auto, Bucket Seats w/Console, Tach, Factory A/C, P/S ,P/B, Tilt

1998 Chevy 1500 Ext Cab 5.7, Pewter w/blue interior
1972SUPERSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #74
Jurassic-1

We decided to fly to Neb. Rooms were few and far between. Some people had to stay 2 1/2 hours away in Omaha. My wife did some calling and scored us a completely finished 800 square foot 2 bedroom walk out basement ,1 mile away. It had a Big screen, and a couch and lazyboy in the living room, Satellite in all 3 rooms and a fully stocked refrigerator. We paid $ 500.00 for up to 4 days for the 3 of us. The family was very friendly. They made us dinner each night and we watched History channel on the auction with them on Sat eve. They went to the auction on Sun. with us and my friend purchased a 68 pickup but it was cutting it close to make it back to the airport.Tyler the guy we rented from borrowed a trailer and picked the truck up and brought it to his place.He pulled the wheels to free up the rusted brakes and my friend is sending some good wheels and tires back with a shipper and the truck is coming next week. I felt like we were family and could not have had a nicer place to stay.Sure is nice to know there are decent people out there. We made a new friend in the process.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #75
jmader

Cool story. I wish I would have thought to get a picture in front of the dealership! I was just ready to get the heck out of there after wasting about an hour and a half loading my 69. Even with a 8 ton winch it was a nightmare. It pulled my 2500 chevy and trailer back about 5 feet before I decided to unhook the trailer and dig out the tires by hand then hooked a chain to my truck and yanked it loose. I had to drag it about 50 yards to a dry spot before I could get it loaded on the trailer. Definately something I will always remember that's for sure. Oh and by the way I found an old empty PBR beer can under my front seat too!!
jmader is offline   Reply With Quote