The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
51Chevyman

3/4 Ton on Bags???

Hey Guys, got some ?s on a build I want to do. I have a 64 C 20 that I bought, only thing is someone put it onto a 73-87 3/4 ton 2wd frame. Don't know why? Doesn't fit very well on it. The PO bought it that way. It came with no drivetrain in it. What I am trying to figure out is the best way to go about building it. I would like to be able to use it for hauling a camper with or a trailer with my Polaris Ranger. I would also like to put it on bags so I can lay frame with it. I have a 1968 Cadillac 472 with the TH 400 that I want to put in it. I can't find any smooth rims that have a 8 bolt pattern, anyone know of any? similar to Detroit Wheel type? They all seem to be 5 or 6 bolt pattern. Not sure if it is harder or easy enough to bag a 3/4 ton truck. I also have a 86 Chevy 1/2 ton frame I could switch to if it makes more sense. I just want it to be heavy duty enough to pull with. Thanks for any advice.
51Chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote