The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
SouthFlorida_Apache

Glade Green 59 Apache // Progress

Introduction... I grew up building cars and trucks with my dad. Ever since I've been on my own I've told myself I'll pull the trigger on getting my own project and as the years passed it never happened. About a month or two ago I came across a solid truck out of Oklahoma. Sent a deposit and the truck was mine. 1959 Glade Green Task Force, 235, running and driving.

Joined the forum the next day and have been learning lots from you guys since.. thanks for all the information. The truck is currently in North Carolina at my parents where I've been going up to work on it. My dad just finished his truck so he's been helpful with getting things on mine complete. I just got back from my first trip up there seeing the truck and was able to get some things done and take some goods photos.

I'm considering this a quicker build to get this thing pretty roadworthy since I'll be driving it to Daytona for Turkey Rod Run from where I live in Fort Lauderdale in November.

Day it got picked up..

Parked in the garage next to dads..

Sand, buff, wax method to bring out the color and remove oxidation.

Cleaned out the inside, new fuel tank, sending unit, and sound deadener added..

New raditator, motor mounts...

My seat springs were bad but the frame was good. Was able to pick up another seat nearby that had good springs and a bad frame. Cleaned up both and made one good seat frame and springs...

[/url]

Next was able to take the bed off...

Then was able to polish behind the cab..

Next Up...
Wiring harness
3.38 gears
Rear axle flip kit
Dropped front axle
Wood bed kit
Brakes
Finish seat
Wheels and tires

This is what it should look like within the next few months... I've got bigger plans for it, air ride, new motor etc but that won't be for some time.

And now some good photos...

And a few pics of my dads...

And that's it... I'll be updating this as progress goes or with any questions or concerns I have. If any of you guys have Instagram I started a page where I will also be showing progress and updates - @59apachetaskforce
SouthFlorida_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote