The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #51
70rs/ss

Re: Any ideas how to keep people from driving on my lawn?

Ever since your first posts about the foot traffic, I have honestly wondered what country you lived in Kalibanfornia it sounds like but WA?? How is it that folks think your property is anything but yours? I would fence "MY PROPERTY" and P on the rest of them, it is after all your's right? A 4' fence would curb all the above crossers unless they jump it or run it over, a cheapy vieo camera would show that, any judge worth his robe would have a tough time finding against you, but again, why even talk of a judge, attorneys, etc, etc IT'S YOUR'S!!

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 10-22-2008 at 03:25 PM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #52
Dooley

Sorry for the blurred target practice pic. The ground was shaking at the time!
Attached Images

Last edited by Dooley; 10-22-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #53
special-K
Special Order

Place illuminatee thingies,sit cross-legged joining hands,and sing koombaya?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-22-2008 at 03:53 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #54
Shane
Account Suspended

Remington Express keeps uninvited folks outta my yard
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #55
Sillyoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
Ever since your first posts about the foot traffic, I have honestly wondered what country you lived in Kalibanfornia it sounds like but WA?? How is it that folks think your property is anything but yours? I would fence "MY PROPERTY" and P on the rest of them, it is after all your's right? A 4' fence would curb all the above crossers unless they jump it or run it over, a cheapy vieo camera would show that, any judge worth his robe would have a tough time finding against you, but again, why even talk of a judge, attorneys, etc, etc IT'S YOUR'S!!

There is a lot of self entitlement around here. The situation is that there are two neighborhoods, one lake and one school. Now factor in north and south. South is a school that probably sets on thirty acres. To the north is a small lake that takes nearly an equal amount of land. Now consider east and west. East and west are seperated by the school and lake with the only middle ground being my property going east & west. Because of my fence it become a two mile drive if you stay on pavement.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #56
1966gmc
Why does it taste purple?

Just to say something else, I came home from work tonight and there was a 20" bicycle leaning up against my shed.Not mine and don't know who's it was.Well now the local police dept has it.If I find anyone goin thru my yard, I will release my dogs on them.One is a pitbull/amer bulldog mix and the other is a doberman mix.Im really sick of this crap
1966gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #57
Shane
Account Suspended

You better hope those dog's don't bite anyone ... your yard or not, you're liable.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #58
1966gmc
Why does it taste purple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
You better hope those dog's don't bite anyone ... your yard or not, you're liable.
And thats the messed up part too.
1966gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #59
chevyboy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
There is a lot of self entitlement around here. The situation is that there are two neighborhoods, one lake and one school.
Oooh this could get good.Sounds to me like West Side Story.Time for a rumble.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #60
Sillyoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy55 View Post
Oooh this could get good.Sounds to me like West Side Story.Time for a rumble.
I cant type that much. Maybe I'll find a linkto my original post "why cant people just leave me alone" I think thats what it was called.

'67 Buick Special 455.

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #61
Square84
I don't think these pills work

i have crappy nieghbors to. they drive through my yard and make ruts and kill the grass. they also let thier dogs use my lawn as a toilet. when i confronted him about it he said well i dont want them crappin in my yard cause we walk barefoot through our yard. it took every ounce of restraint to not smack him. i called the city and the cops they wont let me put a fence up and they wont do anything to him unless they see it happen! nieghbors suck! sorry just needed to vent.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #62
NONHOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square84 View Post
i have crappy nieghbors to. they drive through my yard and make ruts and kill the grass. they also let thier dogs use my lawn as a toilet. when i confronted him about it he said well i dont want them crappin in my yard cause we walk barefoot through our yard. it took every ounce of restraint to not smack him. i called the city and the cops they wont let me put a fence up and they wont do anything to him unless they see it happen! nieghbors suck! sorry just needed to vent.
I had neighbors like that a few houses ago, I would (when i saw the dog do its thing) get out my shovel and scoop it up and toss it on the dog owners lawn in broad daylight !
Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #63
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
I had neighbors like that a few houses ago, I would (when i saw the dog do its thing) get out my shovel and scoop it up and toss it on the dog owners lawn in broad daylight !
I had the same exact problem... i had a big shovel and would yell "who flung poo" and hurl it right for their window.. it too three lobs of dog doo at their front window before they stopped letting their dog relieve itself in the front yard of my house
at my house upstate noone minds where the dogs go but when i know it went on the neighbors lawn im right over there scooping it up if its not in the wooded part

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #64
Shane
Account Suspended

I spent close to $8K on fencing to keep my dog in his own yard ... I expect the same courtesy from my neighbors. If they don't reciprocate, I return their pooches "deposit" in an old Wal-Mart sack at their front door.

I've only had to do this ONCE.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #65
Sillyoldman

Im straying some, but one thing i will never forget happened at our old house. My pregnant wife was on her hands and knees pulling weeds (as I stood with a budweiser pointing out the ones she missed) Some Ahole came by and made small talk with the wife as his dog crapped in the yard several feet from her. When the dog finished they walked away.

Im kidding about the budweiser. I actually had a coors. Ok still kidding. Had I been there someone would have had their lunch handed to them.

'67 Buick Special 455.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #66
sighlurr

Go Gnomes!
Attached Images

sighlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #67
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Quote:

We all know of your stance of CA, but if you think for one minute that WA, or OR is any better than CA... you better start moving farther south and east... cause AZ aint to far away, my truckin bro. Don't get me wrong, I know that where I live is "the way it is" (not going to get political)... it stinks.

I hate the way things are here, but I was born and raised here and have a career and a family that cant be uprooted.

My point is, that it is getting to the point where it don't matter where you are, yours aint yours no more.

kicking soap box into the fire pit now.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 AM   #68
special-K
Special Order

Are the people pooping in your yard?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #69
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Jones View Post
We all know of your stance of CA, but if you think for one minute that WA, or OR is any better than CA... you better start moving farther south and east... cause AZ aint to far away, my truckin bro. Don't get me wrong, I know that where I live is "the way it is" (not going to get political)... it stinks.

I hate the way things are here, but I was born and raised here and have a career and a family that cant be uprooted.

My point is, that it is getting to the point where it don't matter where you are, yours aint yours no more.

kicking soap box into the fire pit now.

Not really intending to bag on Cali or WA for that matter {OR} (Sorry if I seem to be a Cali basher?) I have been in (and love CA, WA, OR) all three states, just not sure I ever figured them to be states full of entitled people that care not about individual rights?

I love Cali, just scared to live there. A buddy from college moved there and he told me he was almost tarred and feathered for talking about hunting! (Love my guns and venison!) Bans on clips that hold more than 10 rounds, ammo that contains lead (pretty much all bullets are made of some lead, see where this is going), etc, etc as well as emissions stuff (I own a lot of 60's and 70's vehicles with less than legal mods {hot rod parts!) and the thought of getting my vehicle taken and crushed for non-emissions legal hop ups {remember the thread on burning ricers for racing/illegal hot rod parts!}

Nor Cal is sweet (especially the redwoods area and Tahoe!), I would live there in a second if I could afford it, but again, my small car (10-12) and gun (let's not even go there!) collection could be frowned apon and or illegal!

Last edited by 70rs/ss; 10-23-2008 at 03:07 PM.
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #70
Square84
I don't think these pills work

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Are the people pooping in your yard?
no just the dogs if the people did i'd call the insane asylum or an ambulance cause if i saw it happen he'd need one
Old 10-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #71
hdflstf

Quote:
Not really intending to bag on Cali or WA for that matter {OR} (Sorry if I seem to be a Cali basher?) I have been in (and love CA, WA, OR) all three states, just not sure I ever figured them to be states full of entitled people that care not about individual rights?

I love Cali, just scared to live there. A buddy from college moved there and he told me he was almost tarred and feathered for talking about hunting! (Love my guns and venison!) Bans on clips that hold more than 10 rounds, ammo that contains lead (pretty much all bullets are made of some lead, see where this is going), etc, etc as well as emissions stuff (I own a lot of 60's and 70's vehicles with less than legal mods {hot rod parts!) and the thought of getting my vehicle taken and crushed for non-emissions legal hop ups {remember the thread on burning ricers for racing/illegal hot rod parts!}

Nor Cal is sweet (especially the redwoods area and Tahoe!), I would live there in a second if I could afford it, but again, my small car (10-12) and gun (let's not even go there!) collection could be frowned apon and or illegal!
The car stuff isn't that bad. 75 and later get smog check. Earlier get none. As far as getting your car crushed, don't get caught street racing with stolen parts.
hdflstf is offline   Reply With Quote